im curious as to why no one seems likes marshall MG's.

i'm asking a serious question, so im requesting legit input from people
the small ones are OK as practice amps but the halfstack and bigger combos are crap for the money.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
because your guitar playing sounds better when its not plugged in.
*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
You have one. If you like it then its all good my friend.
I've got something in my front pocket for you.
Why don't you reach down in my pocket and see what it is?
Then grab onto it, it's just for you.
Give a little squeeze and say: "How do you do?"
Do you like them? If youve played them then youve probably heard a sound similar to a dog shatting on a rattlesnake while simultaneously being raped by a wildebeest.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

i got a MG .. and i'm totally fine with it.

i liked it and i got it.

i know its not a JCM or an SLP, but then again i didnt want to save up 2000(+/-) dollars for one either.. im pretty content with it honestly.

i just never hear any good reviews about it for real, and i'm rather curious.
i got teh MG50
And it sounds alright to me ^o)
McLovin is my hero!

It's not the going that the pit cares about.
It's the coming.
Okay with practice amps if your leave them on the clean setting. Otherwise it sounds like a hive of bees Africanized inside the speaker.

I have a amp modeler that i run before it, so i don't care.
Quote by pepsi1187
you seem to be pretty offended with them dude

put it this way, buying a Marshall MG is like me taping a danelectro £12 distortion pedal to a speaker scrawling Marshall on it and charging you £200
^indeed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnynemo
"I can't believe you didn't dress up. You're the weirdest guy on this shift."
I said "I was gonna dress like your mom, but I didn't feel like growing a beard".
the smaller ones are actually pretty damn decent practice amps, but yeah they are absolutely horrible the further up you go. but i have to say, nothing is as bad as the line 6 spider series. i hate those with a passion. line 6's effects are great though.
Quote by mr.cheese..
Now I've got it! Masturbate in the mud while smoking weed!

Quote by darkstar2466
Meaning is not absolute.
For value they aren't bad... I have a crate combo which people classify in the same category as MG's, but with my Zoom pedal, it sounds better than 90% of these cheap tube combos people suggest, and it offers a much larger variety of sounds, with effects.
If its not tube, people say it sucks no matter what.
From what I've heard, they're good for practising in your bedroom, but that's about it.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
I have one... Actually, it's almost decent. I can get some goodish distortion from it with some tweaking. I wish I'd gotten a Peavey Valveking or something instead though...
Quote by metalhead_99801
the smaller ones are actually pretty damn decent practice amps, but yeah they are absolutely horrible the further up you go. but i have to say, nothing is as bad as the line 6 spider series. i hate those with a passion. line 6's effects are great though.

Those aren't as bad as people say either.
They have bad tone compared to higher end amps, and they are known for their terrible reliability. In my experience, my MG30 blew up after three weeks. It is much more practical to keep saving for a different amp.
GEAR
PRS Custom 24
Tanglewood ROCK III
Epiphone LP Custom
Squier Strat
Epiphone Explorer
Ibanez GRG07LTD2
Marhsall AVT100
Originally posted by fender1618
i would rather have a guitar in place of my organs, OR CANDY
because they just don't sound good. they sound like **** flowing out of a speaker.

other than the small practice amps, once you get into the 50 watt and halfstack areas, it sounds like all the atrocious things described above.

you can't expect to get a good sound from an amp that sounds like a pack of heyenas raping a beehive.
Epi Les Paul Standard (vintage sunburst with SD pearly gates pickup in the bridge and SD Alnico II Pro in the neck)
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50
Avatar 2x12 (vintage 30 and marshall heritage speakers)
Crybaby 535Q
Boss CE-5
Boss GE-7
Boss TU-2
Quote by pepsi1187
why tho.. is what im asking.

for the price that you pay, the tone is astonishingly bad, especially the OD channel. Theres many many amps in the same price range that lend to much better tone.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
I played through my both my friend seths Spider, and my friend damians MG, Both having the useless stack versions FYI and while they both had shoddy tone, i liked the spider much more. the MG is.. welll.. you might as well get a cheap subwoofer and put an input jack on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnynemo
"I can't believe you didn't dress up. You're the weirdest guy on this shift."
I said "I was gonna dress like your mom, but I didn't feel like growing a beard".
I used to use one all the time because it was all I could afford, and at the time I didn't think it was that bad. Then I used something else, and I realized the error of my ways.
Quote by SleightOfHand
****in right budday! grunge is the shiite!

didnt read ur post tho so dont know what im agreeing to.

Quote by horloko
Good. More centaur pussy for me.

Quote by myearshurt

God bless you GrungeBeatle

I have a MG halfstack and i love it, and im not a noob, ive been playing for 10 years, so i know what im doing. Granted, i use a line6 pod xt live which is where the majority of my tone comes from. bottom line is you dont need the most expensive **** in the world. the thing i love most about my amp is if something goes bad at show (which it will, all the time), i can go buy another one without having to take a loan out.

ps, im not someone who doesnt care about their tone, im tweeking my tone every day, and i think it sounds badass. Of course when the day comes that i can afford a jsx head, with mesa cabs, and two jc-120's for clean tones, i probably wont use the mg much, but for the next couple of years, my mg will be kicking ass!
My MG15 practice amp does it's job pretty damn well. I like the OD tone.
Quote by sestemofatowel
I have a MG halfstack and i love it, and im not a noob, ive been playing for 10 years, so i know what im doing. Granted, i use a line6 pod xt live which is where the majority of my tone comes from. bottom line is you dont need the most expensive **** in the world. the thing i love most about my amp is if something goes bad at show (which it will, all the time), i can go buy another one without having to take a loan out.

ps, im not someone who doesnt care about their tone, im tweeking my tone every day, and i think it sounds badass. Of course when the day comes that i can afford a jsx head, with mesa cabs, and two jc-120's for clean tones, i probably wont use the mg much, but for the next couple of years, my mg will be kicking ass!

yeah thats exactly what i do. Pod live into the clean channel.
as far as reliability... ive had mine for a year and ive done a few shows with it. and i have two cabs.

i am not fond of its OD tone.. there is no crunch to it at all. but i messed around with a few distortion boxes and settled on a fuzzbox and with it. it doesnt sound bad at all really
They were originally just small 'starter-level' amps but Marshall soon realized that there was a market for people that wanted a big meaty Marshall amp, but perhaps couldn't afford, say, a JCM. So, they made the MG's bigger and bigger, until they were just as big and powerful as JCM's, just nowhere near as good and far cheaper, and people buy them because they are fairly cheap half-stacks with that big shiny Marshall name.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
yeah .. i originally wanted an slp marshall head. but there was just no way i was gunna blow 2000 dollars on a amp (excluding cabs)
I guess this would be a good place to say I love the tone of my Spider, and one of my guitarist friends wants to buy a Spider because he loves the tone of mine. They're really great amps, but I've never tried an MG before.
I have all the answers you need. The answer is...

Guitar Gear and Accessories.

Now, back on topic. People don't like MG amps because they are: Overpriced, sterile sounding, the built in effects are weak, you can get better for the money and the bigger ones are just glorified practice amps.

Oh and, one more thing. SEARCH BAR!!!

There's like a 'y do u h8 MG/Spider, dey r teh br00talz' thread everyday!
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I seriously tried to like my friend's Marshall MG 100 watt, but I just couldn't do it. It's just SO terrible. The cleans are sterile and the distortion just sounds so artificial, I was never more aware of playing a solid state amp than when I was playing his MG. Try a good tube combo and you'll see what good tone is, I can't play my Roland Cube after playing my Peavey 6505, and that's a far better amp.
Dickless.