Page 1 of 2
wow, someone got a desert in their vagina.

Had to fix that.
Last edited by freedoms_stain at Feb 21, 2008,
attention.

you missed out an e, an n, a t, an i and an o.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
your speaker is not broken in?

if i where you, i wouldnt play through it until it is
english doesnt really need a standard way to spell things. its not like other languages where the letters and endings are extremely important. read things by mark twain, my god.

if the majority of people spell something wrong, than its correct.
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
I smell a raging case of OCD
Quote by pmeg568c
oh man, seems as though i totally forgot about anal

My Gear
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Fender Standard Strat
Boss ME-50 Multieffect
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Dude, you abbreviated attention. That makes this thread fail. Also, a lot of really brilliant people I know spell poorly... as long as you can understand what they're getting across to you it doesn't really matter.

It's just a little pet peeve, get over it.
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.

Click me, or I'll die.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,
I like the fact that Wikipedia have put up a redirect page for people who misspell "rhythm method". If you can't even spell it, use a condom.
I hate to say it seeing how this guy is getting ripped on, but I totally agree. However, it's not all misspelling that really gets me, but the use of the wrong they're/their or you're/your really makes me think someone's an idiot. Don't people know that when they use that apostrophe it's a contraction of two words, they are or you are. The other's possessive, and they make no sense when you switch them. Example: Are those you're shoes? = Are those you are shoes? What kind of retard doesn't notice that?
Haven't you heard?

It's a battle of words
Quote by I-Watch-Anime
so, why did YOU misspell Rhythm in a google search?

I dunno, maybe because he was trying to see how many people would actually misspell it?
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
Quote by lateraluspiral
english doesnt really need a standard way to spell things. its not like other languages where the letters and endings are extremely important. read things by mark twain, my god.

....right I forgot that Mark Twain is a current author and since language hasn't evolved since when he wrote Huck Finn in 1998, everything he wrote is still correct.

But then, since 4.5 million is CLEARLY a more than half of the enitre english speaking population in the world, you are obviously right. Sow sints ei kan spel enythin tha wai ei want tew, then tha hol werld shood spel leik thiz.

Nice try, though.

And before anyone ****s a brick, the literary device I used when talking about Huck Finn is called SARCASM.
Last edited by voodoochilli499 at Feb 21, 2008,
EFF i cant spell rythym either
Quote by powerhead
Mentallica, i think you just made my drive shank crank

Quote by beadhangingOne

You sir, are a true hero.

Quote by silversoulcage
Dude, seriously, you're an ass hole. That place where **** comes out, yea that's you man.
Quote by voodoochilli499
....right I forgot that Mark Twain is a current author and since language hasn't evolved since when he wrote Huck Finn in 1998, everything he wrote is still correct.

If you read novels by the literary greats such as Jane Austen and Charles Dickens you will notice how the English language has changed over time.

Also, you presented two questions in your name without using a question mark. Unless these were MEANT to be presented as statements, learn to punctuate.

Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
Quote by voodoochilli499

But then, since 4.5 million is CLEARLY a more than half of the enitre english speaking population in the world, you are obviously right. Sow sints ei kan spel enythin tha wai ei want tew, then tha hol werld shood spel leik thiz.

Nice try, though.

And before anyone ****s a brick, the literary device I used when talking about Huck Finn is called SARCASM.

perhaps youre trying too hard.
standard spellings of english words is recent. people havent been giving a **** longer than they have been caring.
grammar may be important, but spelling never will be.
Quote by lateraluspiral

As much as I hate to agree with this mangling of musical terms, this guy is correct. It's how language develops. theres no stopping it.
Its like americans spelling colour and stuff wrong.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
your speaker is not broken in?

if i where you, i wouldnt play through it until it is
Quote by doomed1

dude... you are on a facepalming RAMPAGE!!!
Quote by wonderflap
You had to put a penis option.......

The results are now nulled due to this being the pit.... The home of penis watch wearers.

Quote by TheChaz
Rust in peace invented food
he sure is one legit dude
don't let it get to your head

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by roythereaper
If you read novels by the literary greats such as Jane Austen and Charles Dickens you will notice how the English language has changed over time.

Also, you presented two questions in your name without using a question mark. Unless these were MEANT to be presented as statements, learn to punctuate.

I was the one saying that language evolved, so I know that language changes over time (thats evolution). And how is my name two questions? Should it be Voodoo?Chilli499? Oh, I know, Voodoo?Chi?li499. Thats right. So, I honestly have no idea about my name being a question.
Quote by shoolocomous

As far as I care, that doesn't make it right.
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Quote by Bushinarin
Dude, you abbreviated attention. That makes this thread fail. Also, a lot of really brilliant people I know spell poorly... as long as you can understand what they're getting across to you it doesn't really matter.

It's just a little pet peeve, get over it.

There is a HUGE difference between spelling something wrong FOUR MILLION TIMES and abbreviating a word that wouldn't fit in the title of the thread.

I honestly think that's an embarassment to the entire fucking English-speaking world.
Quote by voodoochilli499
I was the one saying that language evolved, so I know that language changes over time (thats evolution). And how is my name two questions? Should it be Voodoo?Chilli499? Oh, I know, Voodoo?Chi?li499. Thats right. So, I honestly have no idea about my name being a question.

i think he meant these

Quote by voodoochilli499
...doesn't somebody run spell check on YOUR COMPANY NAME!!), ..

.. Honestly is it that hard. .
RYTHEM!!!!!!!

...just to get on your nerves.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky DK2L
Epiphone LP Standard
Yamaha Acoustic
Bugera 1990 w/ Peavey 2x12 cab
Quote by shoolocomous

EDIT:

Quote by voodoochilli499

I apologise, it's 1:30am over here and I'm tired. I meant your first post. I actually wholly agree with your point and wanted to point out the lack of question marks in your opening post.

My bad, sorry.
Call me Callum

Lol Que

Rythum
McLovin is my hero!

It's not the going that the pit cares about.
It's the coming.
It doesn't matter how you spell it, white people ain't got it.

rythmemum.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Quote by shoolocomous
As much as I hate to agree with this mangling of musical terms, this guy is correct. It's how language develops. theres no stopping it.

Actually, it is not like Americans spelling colour differently. That's because in America a different form of english is spoken. It is called a dialect. Spelling rhytm, rythm, is just dumb and dumb is not a dialect. It's just dumb.
Quote by roythereaper

EDIT:

I apologise, it's 1:30am over here and I'm tired. I meant your first post. I actually wholly agree with your point and wanted to point out the lack of question marks in your opening post.

My bad, sorry.

Haha no problem, sorry for flipping out, I was still in rant mode.
Quote by freedoms_stain
wow, someone got a desert in their vagina.

Had to fix that.

I got dessert in mine.

Much worse.

Tasty.

But bad.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Ok we get it. You can spell better than many other people. BUT the majority of the web is text based, with i don't know, millions of people typing words. Some people are bad spellers.

And really, for a google search thats not that many times the word was spelled wrong. I'm sure the word "Rhythm" Has been typed at least several million times and you found it misspelled what, 20 times.
epic7734
Last edited by epic7734 at Feb 21, 2008,
Quote by voodoochilli499
Haha no problem, sorry for flipping out, I was still in rant mode.

Nah, blatant error on my behalf.

Speaking of which: Screw this. I'm off to bed! Enjoy trying to get the English-speaking population of Earth to improve their spelling skills.
Call me Callum

Quote by voodoochilli499
Is it chocolate?

It's cheesecake (with chocolate sprinkles)
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by Mental-lica
EFF i cant spell rythym either

Quote by voodoochilli499
Is it chocolate?

Wouldn't you like to know?
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
spelling is not really important unless your in english class, and as long as you can tell what they're trying to say.
Quote by Ross724
whats harder than nailing a dead baby to a tree

nailing a live baby to a dog
Page 1 of 2