Hey guys, I didn't know whether to put this here or in the band leading section, so i just put it here, but anyway, I was wondering if you guys have any tips on how to write songs as a band so that everyone feels included, and does not get impatient. Whenever my band tries to write something together, we ALWAYS argue, or other members just tune out the majority of the band and relentlessly keep jamming their own riffs down everyone's throats, completely ignoring the song we were just working on 2 seconds ago. Is it a chemistry thing, or is there something we can do to accomplish something as a team? Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
sometimes the best stuff comes from one person. that's my experience anyway. in my bands i tried just sitting down one day a week to write with another member of the band. we'd bring our ideas in on practice day and then as a whole, we would decide if any of the ideas were good or not and go from there. heck, i've brought in entire songs to my band that they liked. all that was left to do is for them to put their parts in it.
point is, i wouldn't worry about writing at practice if your band is having that much trouble. try just sitting down with another member and writing songs together and then bring the ideas in on practice night. it saves a lot of time at band practice if something is already there to work on rather than coming in off the fly with nothing and trying to make something
One option, Kick the bass player out
Doowop dooby doo doowop doowah doolang
Blue days black nights doowah doolang!