Because I plan on upgrading my amp in the near future, my budget would be kind of low for a new guitar, so I was thinking of simply upgrading the pickups on the RG because my Schecter's pickups are pretty decent. When I tried a Schecter C-7 Hellraiser, I really dug them. They sounded super tight and really focus, and sounded really good clean through the VHT Pittbull I was playing through (granted, I can't afford this very nice amp, AND I had to back down the gain on the clean channel [this happens regardless of guitar or pickups]). Regardless of the pickup selected, it was still super tight and never got muddy unless i ran the Graphic EQ so it was all bass, no mids and limited highs, and if I ran the bass up high on the standard eq...basically, it was really tight and clear.

The C-7 Hellraiser has EMG 707s, right? In both the neck and the bridge? Aren't those just EMG 85's made for 7 string guitars? If this is the case, how would dual 85's sound in my RG? It's mahogony body with maple bolt-on neck, similar material to the maple neckthrough mahogony bodied hellraiser. If anything, the bolt-on would add a bit of brightness and clarity, right? If nothing else, it would make the pickup sound even better.

So are the 707s basically 85s? If not, what's the 6 string equivalent of the 707?
I would wait until you have you new amp and see what the rg sounds like with it. Who knows, you may like the way it sounds with the pups you have now.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
From the EMG website:

The 707 is a dual coil pickup with Alnico Poles similar to the 85, with the same amount of output.
5150 Combo
LTD Viper 400 (EMG 81/85)
Quote by Kevin Saale
I would wait until you have you new amp and see what the rg sounds like with it. Who knows, you may like the way it sounds with the pups you have now.

+a short stack of flapjacks. It's worth waiting to see what you need after you buy a new amp.
true, true. I have tried my RG through other amps, and find it bland. It plays pretty good, but the pickups just aren't lively. I'm obviously gunna wait till I get my new amp (ANYTHING through an MG sounds like an otter being raped by 3 polar bears). But still, is the 707 is basically an 85 with Alnico poles?
Marshall MG. Yea, hence why I'll be waiting for an amp upgrade before I change pickups. Amps i'm looking at (due to prices in my area around, and the ones i've tried and liked); Mesa DC, Mesa Mark IV, or a VHT Pittbull.
[quote="'[P|E|R|S|O|N"]']707 is 7 string version of 85?

That is true.
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.