I've got a Fender Telecaster '72 Deluxe reissue, but i was dumb when i bought it. I could've done better, but i don't have another 700 dollars, and i love the way it plays, and the cleaness of it. But i think i could get better pickups that suit me, and in my personal opinion, i feel the pickups on mine are way too twangy on the high notes, and too trebly at times- just kind of hurts the ears when you hit any high e-string notes above the 12th fret.

I'll get another guitar eventually, for more distortioned stuff, but as for this, this is what i intend to play on it: Most importantly, i want to get a nice, smooth, clean sound. I listen to eric Johnson alot, and like his sound, but i don't want to have a sound too bright. I like nice thick, silky clean sounds as well. Also most importantly(Pretty much just as important, if not more important than the clean sound) Would be that I can get a nice Blues Rock sound. When I improvise, I naturally seem to play Blues Rockish kind of stuff. I'm crazy about Jimi Hendrix and SRV's music in the Experience and Double rouble, Respectively. Gotta have that.

As another little bit of information, I like to play some Def Leppard, Bon Jovi, Van Halen, Dokken, etc. kind of stuff sometimes. Of course, I'd like to have all three of these things to sound good, but unfortunately there's no super-duper wonder pickup that i know of. The Heavier sounds like Def Leppard, Dokken, and stuff are the least of my worries. I just would like for it to at least sound decent if I tried to play them. I don't really play any heavy metal or anything like that.

That being said, I was thinking something like A humbucker in the bridge, and a split-coil humbucker/single coil-sounding humbucker in the neck. I would Definantly rather go Humbucker in the bridge and single-coil in the neck, but I'm worried about the single coil falling out and whatnot, seeing as how the deluxe I have comes with two humbuckers.
I'm far from any guitar expert though, so I figured even though I might have an idea of what i want, Help of other's and their opinions would help greatly, and would be greatly appreciated.

Also, More Specifically as a side note, I was wondering the Seymour Duncan Pearly Gate for the Bridge, having heard good things about it. Just wondering.

Here's my Guitar- I got the Walnut Finish.
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-Classic-Series--72-Telecaster-Deluxe-Electric-Guitar-102551389-i1146696.gc

Thanks in advance!
Quote by metallicafan616
what is hair metal?

Fail.
Last edited by Wanna l3 at Feb 21, 2008,
I would've said too dirty for me at first, but after looking into it for a bit i think that might work. Still taking opinions, though.
Quote by metallicafan616
what is hair metal?

Fail.
Hmm, well you could try a humbucker from hell in the neck and a Paf Pro in the bridge.

EDIT: i heard the HFH sounds pretty good when it is split.
Any opinions on the Pearly Gate? Not being stubborn or anything, just still curious about it.
Quote by metallicafan616
what is hair metal?

Fail.