I'm getting a free fender 110 watt cab soon and need to buy a head. I'm buying either a marshall (100 wat) or a line 6 (75 or 120 watt) head. I need to know which one would be better for my sittuation. Situation- I got a DS-1 and and a GNX3 som im pretty much set on effects. IM looking for probly a nice clean sound to run my effects through all though if the head comes with them ill use them down the line i know that. I play mostly rock, metal (not too much metal) The speakers in the amp are 10in in curcomfrance (guitar speakers) so which 1 would recomend and why thanks?
92% of teens have moved on to rap, if your still part of the 8% that listen to real music coppy this into your sig!!!
ummm dont get the marshall or the line 6...
my suggestion is to look at a used peavey classic 30 head? or if they made the Roland JC-120 in a head, cab format.
No JC's in head format, as far as I know.

I'd advise an Epiphone So-Cal, a Carvin V3, or...wait, what's your budget? We need that first.
I've seen a few Jazz Chorus heads but they seem to be very rare.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Budget would be nice. If you want a great, all around head under a grand. Check out the Peavey Valveking. It has a pretty ace drive channel a usable clean channel. The Carvin V3 as suggested would be great too.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
im lookin at 300 or lower
92% of teens have moved on to rap, if your still part of the 8% that listen to real music coppy this into your sig!!!
You could probabl pick up a used Valveking around that price. A Peavey Ultra would be nice if you could find one. Have you thought about getting a combo? A lot of combos have speaker outs so you could effectively use it as a head as well as a standalone unit.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by DarkLordSauron
im lookin at 300 or lower

Oh, gravey.

Well, there's bound to be something...used Peavey Windsor, or mabye a used valvetronix head if you prefer flexibility.
Quote by the.spine.surfs
Oh, gravey.

Well, there's bound to be something...used Peavey Windsor, or mabye a used valvetronix head if you prefer flexibility.

The Windsor would be great, but he'd be lacking in the clean department due to the single channelness. It doesn't clean up all to great either. Sounds great raunchy though!
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
The Windsor would be great, but he'd be lacking in the clean department due to the single channelness. It doesn't clean up all to great either. Sounds great raunchy though!

Granted, but he said rock and metal. On his budget, a Windsor's about as good as it gets.
Quote by the.spine.surfs
Granted, but he said rock and metal. On his budget, a Windsor's about as good as it gets.

Good point! I think he should shell out a bit more for the Valveking though. While it might not sound as good as the Windsor, he'll have a clean channel to work with as well as a more versatile drive channel.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster