First off I have read the ultimate wah thread already. I am having some problems, I will try to be quick and to the point.

My gear is in my sig.

Is there a wah that can get a good "wah" sound when playing with high distortion on the higher strings, ie. B or high E string anywhere from like 15th to 19th frets?

Money doesn't really matter to me, if it will do it well. I have a 535Q right now. I have experimented with it everyday for the last week, trying different combinations of Q settings with range settings. No matter how it is set up when I play those string/frets I just get a trebble boost, no sweep, no Wah sound. Open high E string has a good wah sound, it's just the higher notes.

I just got back from a 3 hour visit to my local guitar center and tried every Wah they had.

Original crybaby
Dimebag Crybaby From Hell
Crybaby Slash Wah
Zakk Wylde Signature Wah
Crybaby Classic
95Q
Vox V847A
Ibanez WD7 Weeping Demon

They all did the same thing. The dimebag, slash and 535Q sounded very close to each other. I hardly noticed a difference.

I have tried putting my Wah in my FX loop and it sounds way to strong, with to much sweep. If I do this I can get the Wah sound I want where I want it but, even with the Q setting turned all the way down and the range set anywhere, the sweep is way to big. It will stop almost any sound from coming through then BLAM all treble.

Is there a Wah out there that will work for what I want or is this just a fictional sound of the rock gods?

Please help.
I have the 535 now. Dont get me wrong it is a real nice wah. But for some reason all of the wahs at guitar center will not give a good wah sound on those frets/strings.

I will look into the RMC. Thank you.

Does anyone know for sure what if anything will do it?
I say if you are willing to build your own, look into the BYOC wah kit and make it how you want it to sound. Or go for a RMC. Also have you tried setting the metal knob on the 535q to the farthest bass setting, and the Q on the largest sweep? Cause i find that gives a very vocal quality especially w/ vibrato.
Morley Bad Horsie 2

/thread
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
the higher frequency notes you use, there's going to be less sweep. that's why the 'wah' sound works better with lower notes with more bass and treble already present. nothing's really broken, there's just not enough range for the sweep to make a big difference in.

hope that helps.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
why didnt you put this in the wah thread?

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
From what I've found, this is pretty typical of wahs. It's just that the higher notes aren't affected as much due to lesser harmonic content, and more attenuation of that frequency due to the bandpass that gives the wah sound.
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
new pot time?

New pot for what, my guitar? If so my guitar is only about 3 months old.

Quote by dsubstanceuk
Probably in the Wah thread.

It's not... That is why I made this post. I stated that I already read the wah thread.

Quote by ninja23
First off I have read the ultimate wah thread already.

I even read the wah thread in building and customizing (222pgs) so yea I do my homework first.

Some people suggested to go with RMC. Does anyone know which pedal out of there line up might give me what I am looking for, or am I out of luck. I know the RMC3 is the most expensive, but I think it's mostly due to all the extra setting on it.
i meant a pot with a different value for your wah, to get more/less sweep
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by UnsignedRecords
the higher frequency notes you use, there's going to be less sweep. that's why the 'wah' sound works better with lower notes with more bass and treble already present. nothing's really broken, there's just not enough range for the sweep to make a big difference in.

hope that helps.

Quote by mcw00t
From what I've found, this is pretty typical of wahs. It's just that the higher notes aren't affected as much due to lesser harmonic content, and more attenuation of that frequency due to the bandpass that gives the wah sound.

threadstarter, have you taken these into consideration yet? you're looking for new wahs to escape something short of inevitable... so you're bound to be disappointed.
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Quote by UnsignedRecords
you're looking for new wahs to escape something short of inevitable... so you're bound to be disappointed.

Thats the story of my life.

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
i meant a pot with a different value for your wah, to get more/less sweep

Where can I go to find some of them??

I really appreciate everyone who helped. After trying out all the pedals at GC, I started to feel like I was looking for something that doesn't exist. I was just hoping that someone knew a pedal built for higher gain that had a big enough sweep to Wah some high notes. Someone suggested RMC. I am assuming they are better then your average pedal. After doing some research on them I have found the wizard is supposed to be made for high gain and have a big sweep. It is only $70 more then my 535, so I am considering getting it.

But again thanks to the people who actually tried to help.
well, as long as you looked ha. good luck, hope it works out.
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.