ok guys, i would like to know possible ways of picking faster.
NOTE!!!: i know how to do tremolo picking and i can get to a satisfactory speed using that, but im not here to know about alternate picking or tremolo picking tips.... i would like some tips on how to play blitzkrieg - yngwie malmsteen...
the thing is, i can go fast with the left hand (fretting), but my right hand (picking) cant seem to keep up with it.... i dont know the problem, i used a metronome and started slow then slowly went faster and faster, but my left hand somehow managed to go faster than my right hand... i know it sounds ****ed up, but thats the problem....
i can tremolo pick in a good speed, (doesn't matter if its on 1 string or a chord) but i just cant seem to do fast picking so good when it comes to going to the next string ....
hopefully u understood my problem.... and could possibly help me with it....
thanks for the help in advance!
Quote by Faux
Perhaps you should change your picking technique. Maybe try economy picking as opposed to alternate picking

thnx man, i'll try tht....
ive been learning how to sweep pick, and tht seems to come handy in many parts.... now i'll learn economy picking... im sure it'd probably improve the speed
thanx
go to www.youtube.com and search for 'eric johnson picking'

there's a great little section where he talks about his picking technique.

also, a lot of people pick with their hand splayed out (holding the pick with the thumb and the pointer but the pink and ring finger are hanging out). you can move faster when all your fingers are together and your hand looks closed.
Quote by Dank Hepatitis

also, a lot of people pick with their hand splayed out (holding the pick with the thumb and the pointer but the pink and ring finger are hanging out). you can move faster when all your fingers are together and your hand looks closed.

wow, i never knew that, i'll definitely remember that!!
thanks dude!
Quote by Dank Hepatitis
go to www.youtube.com and search for 'eric johnson picking'

there's a great little section where he talks about his picking technique.

how so O_o...