i just looked through all 17 pages and i can't find the tunings thread. what does behemoth tune their guitar's to?
Up the Punx!
just depends sometimes c# or drop b just depends on song
THE KREATOR OF THE ALL METAL AND KERRY KING GROUP PM ME TO JOIN
Proud BLACK 13 Owner
RIP Charles Michael "Chuck" Schuldiner THE FATHER OF DEATH METAL
GOD HATES US ALL-SLAYER
Quote by trsc
LOL

i was asking if it was drop c# or c# standard. I know they aren't in e standard
Up the Punx!
C# standard. yes.
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
C# standard is correct for most of Demigod and The Apostasy. I have seen tabs for The Reign ov Shemsu-Hor as being in drop Bb or something alone those lines. Zos Kia Cultus has some songs in B standard but I'm not sure about all of them. I would guess that the old old BM stuff is standard. Satanica and Thelema.6 are in D standard.
WATCH THIS

Quote by GabeT347
does anybody have a sitar?
Quote by highway62
you have to buy them from george harrison. He owns all of them
You couldn't find the tunning thread!? Don't we have like 3 of them?
Quote by severed-metal

You're losing interest because you're simply not gay enough. Which leads me to believe you aren't cut out for metal.
^ i looked through all 17 pages, and it wasn't there.
Up the Punx!
D flat douchwaffle
Every time an emo kid cuts them self a viking comes down from the pagan land and dismembers him
Quote by Rhyan_EG
You couldn't find the tunning thread!? Don't we have like 3 of them?
i dont even know what TUNNING is, let alone what relevance it has to either guitar or metal, so no, we probably dont.
Quote by Seth Shadows
They tune to E standard for a few songs. Like demigod.

Er, no. It's in C# standard. Does that sound like an E to you?

OK, they tuned to D standard, then switched to C# standard on Thelema 6 (I think... not sure when). They also do the odd song in A# standard (Horns of Baphomet, Slaves shall Serve, Reign of Shemsu-Hor, and a few more). In the Zos Kia Cultos era (I know for sure), they'd use 7 strings for the A# standards, but at some point they switched to doing it on 6 strings.

There's a video of them doing As Above, So Below live on Youtube somewhere, and Nergal at least is using a 7 string.

You could basically say their main tuning now is either A# standard or C# standard. Not E, not D, and no dropped tunings (to my knowledge).
^Really? I tabbed it in E standard and i think it sounds alright...
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
Oh wait, ****, I did tab it in C# Standard. My bad.

PS.: I've never learned master of puppets, or any metallica so =\
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
Last edited by Seth Shadows at Feb 22, 2008,
I giggle at our collective silliness

Well, anyway, I think I've got it pretty much right. I'm not sure about when they switched them, but the tunings themselves should be correct. They might have the odd exception though, for which I'm not aware.

EDIT: I meant as in play it on itunes or something. It was only so you could compare the tunings; it's what I do when I'm not sure, I have a selection of songs which I know start with an E, D, C, G (cheers, SYL).
behemoth has used prety much every tuning out there... so look up the tab or howevr u figure it out and then play it startin in c# standard then move to d standard so on and soo forth..... which evr sounds right is wat tuning its in....
Quote by D13SEL888
behemoth has used prety much every tuning out there... so look up the tab or howevr u figure it out and then play it startin in c# standard then move to d standard so on and soo forth..... which evr sounds right is wat tuning its in....

Is UG getting more idiotic by the minute?
Other planes lie beyond the reach
Of normal sense and common roads
But they are no less real
Than what we see or touch or feel
-Burzum

MoogleRancha is a twat
Quote by Tehzekester
Drop B? No. Iirc, they used D standard on every album up to Demigod, then switched to C# standard.

Just look at a Behemoth tab.

No. C# was used on everything from Pandemonic Incantations and later. Before that, which was their black metal era, they used standard E.