I was on here a couple months ago and asked about my sound dropping out from my guitar. When I was playing it, the sound would stop and then come back really loud. I was advised to change the cables (which I did) and for awhile it worked. But recently it has been doing it again. This time though it only happens when I have the guitar switch on rhythm. On lead it sounds great, but on the rhythm it will just disappear. Any help would be great. Thanks.
"Whenever they's a fight so hungry people can eat, I'll be there. Whenever they's a cop beatin' up a guy, I'll be there . ."
The Grapes of Wrath

RIP Ingmar Bergman
I don't really want to open up my guitar. I don't know a thing about circuits and wires.
"Whenever they's a fight so hungry people can eat, I'll be there. Whenever they's a cop beatin' up a guy, I'll be there . ."
The Grapes of Wrath

RIP Ingmar Bergman
How much does that cost?
The Grapes of Wrath

RIP Ingmar Bergman
Usually there is an hourly rate for a tech. If it's just a soldering issue, it probably won't cost that much. Call your local shop and ask what their hourly rate is and if there is a minimum charge.

But have a pro look at it.
Sounds like it'd be cheaper to just get a new one.
The Grapes of Wrath

RIP Ingmar Bergman
That would depend on the guitar. A tech is probably not as much as you are guessing. Make a couple calls and see. Why throw out an otherwise good guitar?