Poll: which cab suits the mark IV better?
Poll Options
View poll results: which cab suits the mark IV better?
Vader 2x12 240 watts w/ eminence legends
8 53%
7 47%
Voters: 15.
lol this is a rather minor question..... i promise its my last "which should i get" thread until much much later :P

im going to go test a mark IV on saturday and im really excited and i cant wait to see the hype come true. i will be devasted if it isnt true but can so many users be wrong?

anyways my question is this. since im going with a 2x12 i was wondering if using a vader would be totally unnecessary since it is 240 watts. how would that affect my tone? an avatar cab is 120 with the v30's. note: mark IV is 85 watts at max power.

so my question is, what would the tone difference be and which is more versatile?

if these cabs arent a good match for the mark IV, what do you guys think would do better (speakers, different cab company?) dont suggest any super expensive high end ones lol. keep it around the price of the vader or avatar cabs if possible. preloaded speakers of course (no lopo lines -_-)

also note that the avatar cabs are taller than the vader by quite a bit. they are both oversized in a way. here are the dimensions just in case it matters.

21" H x 28.5" W x 12 " D. Weight is approx 49 lbs (Avatar)

18" x 30" x 14"
Weight - 70 lbs (vader)
Schecter C-1 classic
Takamine GS330S
Roland microcube FTW!
What kind of music?
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
the more wattage in a speaker the more headroom you get. some people like the speaker "breakup" sound and others like alot of headroom, personally i would suggest the vader, i would also suggest going to that same shop and using that mark with a 2X12 cab that has around the same wattage as the avatar and then one that is like the vader wattage, you will know what i mean after that and pick the one that sounds the best.
For tight modern metal... the Vader. Also, there are quite a few cabs between those price ranges you should look into.
My Gear:
-Schecter C-1 Plus (Vintage Sunburst)
-B-52 AT-212 Tube Combo
-ZW-44 Zakk Wylde Overdrive
-Digitech RP350 Multi-Effects Pedal
-Hamer Slammer Strat Copy
..........................................lol >_>. mostly metal but im looking for mostly just everything.

i mean not necessarily teh br00talz so much that i cant get good tones in other genres. i dont scoop mids if that helps lol. tight punchy metal. but still good low end for death metal i guess. but then again i also want warm lead tones and cleans. im guessing the Mark IV does that already.
Schecter C-1 classic
Takamine GS330S
Roland microcube FTW!
Quote by soccerdude3465
For tight modern metal... the Vader. Also, there are quite a few cabs between those price ranges you should look into.

like...........?
Schecter C-1 classic
Takamine GS330S
Roland microcube FTW!
Anyone know the official website for vader cabs?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by convictionless
the more wattage in a speaker the more headroom you get. some people like the speaker "breakup" sound and others like alot of headroom, personally i would suggest the vader, i would also suggest going to that same shop and using that mark with a 2X12 cab that has around the same wattage as the avatar and then one that is like the vader wattage, you will know what i mean after that and pick the one that sounds the best.

well.......the mesa boogie store only has v30's in their cabs. their 4x12 is 240 watts but thats a 4x12 >_>. would it be the same?
Schecter C-1 classic
Takamine GS330S
Roland microcube FTW!
a good question would be, what does speaker breakup sound like and can a 85 watt head breakup a 120 watt cab at about what volume?

i dont like the vintage sound, so that being said, would i really like speaker breakup?
Schecter C-1 classic
Takamine GS330S
Roland microcube FTW!
I would point you away from Eminence Legends. They are Eminence in name only. They are made overseas in OEM and lots of cheaper amps under various names like the Lady Luck (like what is in the VJ) and a number of Crates. The one in my Crate was pretty flubby with the low end and could be a bit dulling with the highs The Avatar has V30s which are worth the cost of the cab. I once played an Ampeg x12 with them and it sounded excellent, with tons of midrange and tight bass response.
do u know about vader cabs? i mean i must admit i was a bit skeptical about the fact they say they have eminence legends "custom made" for them which generally means cheap knock offs.

me likey tight bass response. so are you saying that more wattage generally means bigger low end but looser response b/c it usually has a scooped mid sound (which mids deliver the punch, and the low end the boom)?
Schecter C-1 classic
Takamine GS330S
Roland microcube FTW!
Quote by giternator
do u know about vader cabs? i mean i must admit i was a bit skeptical about the fact they say they have eminence legends "custom made" for them which generally means cheap knock offs.

me likey tight bass response. so are you saying that more wattage generally means bigger low end but looser response b/c it usually has a scooped mid sound (which mids deliver the punch, and the low end the boom)?

Legends are overseas made Eminence that appear OEM on a lot. The bass response is a bit flubby

More wattage does not change your sound. The speaker does. And remember that the cabs do not make watts per se, but only handle what the amp puts out. It all comes down to speaker.
very helpful. thanks. whats OEM if u would please. im not too savvy with all these acronyms/abbreviations.

so i guess im getting an avatar. any speaker combos someone want to suggest?? any other companies that make cheap but great 2x12's?? just for the sake of arguement.
Schecter C-1 classic
Takamine GS330S
Roland microcube FTW!
Quote by giternator
very helpful. thanks. whats OEM if u would please. im not too savvy with all these acronyms/abbreviations.

so i guess im getting an avatar. any speaker combos someone want to suggest?? any other companies that make cheap but great 2x12's?? just for the sake of arguement.

Original Equipment Manufacturer. Makes stuff for other companies without putting their name on it.
so er......eminence makes the speakers........but not as well as their own? i mean line 6 uses celestions but they are "custom made" for their amps as "exclusives" which is just a marketing ploy i know.
Schecter C-1 classic
Takamine GS330S
Roland microcube FTW!
free bump.

so no one has any arguement against getting an avatar with v30s for a mark IV? everyone agrees that that is the best idea? -_-, i expected a little more arguement and discussion. are there really no other 2x12's that are better than an avatar w/o it being over 700 bucks? i mean i could save up, im not desperate. id just prefer to have it sooner so i can get to playing the amp XD.
Schecter C-1 classic
Takamine GS330S
Roland microcube FTW!