I need feeling and emotion in more of my music playing. Where does that come from. Im saying my scales sound more like scales. Is it jsut a matter of practice and jsut reaching down and improving and jsut when the sound comes that i like i keep it?
My newest cover Rivers Of Babylon sublime style.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J_E7iWLxmiA

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
80s rock, classic rock, classic metal
You just have to feel it.....Music is all about playing what you feel, just incorporate the scales into your improv....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
You can't just choose a scale and sound good!
It has to be from you!
From the hours of improvising!
From coming up with hundreds of bad licks so that you lean a different way then BAM - something good comes.

There's your answer.

Of course though, using a catchy scale can help but it sounds cheap.

-EDIT-
I repeat; HOURS.
*shrugs* I don't know...
shouldn't scales sound like scales? if you're trying to sound more melodical, work on keeping your musical phrases together, and using dynamics to help with that.
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
Once you get to a point in guitar playing that you know chords and scales and some songs, you need to just sit with your guitar and play whatever comes to your fingers. You won't be able to improv like the pros just by studying scales. If you just pick up your guitar and play around on it you'll come to a point and realize, hey, I'm getting better at this. You can learn hundreds of songs and all the scales but that doesn't mean you know how to pave your own way, that's something you only really get through experimentation and a lot of time spent playing nothing.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
Arpeggios... Use them...
Stop whining and learn your theory!

Quote by oddhawk676
Yeah, some black guy with a yankees cap walks into the ice cream parlor, and I said "We dont serve your kind here," as in, yankee fans, i guess he thought something else and left.