I'm about to order some picks tomorrow, to try different kinds. I have the 1.14mm, feel a little to thick, most people recommended the .88mm, so I'm deciding to purchase some. But will i feel the difference in thicks, a little better for lead playing? Thank-You
LOL
... thats a big difference. go to a music store and buy some different thicknesses to try them out, dont just go straight out and buy a pack of .88m's.
Quote by lespaul#1
Indie stands for Industrial I think, like Marilyn Manson.

Ibanez RG2EX2 (Dimarzio Breed in bridge)
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Laney LV300T
Line 6 Toneport GX

The Falling Object Model
hell yeah .88 are easier to play with and 1.14 sound infinitely better and you have a more controlled feel on with the larger gauge
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
I play 1mm nylons if you care
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
i have the JazzIII's they are a little to sharp, its hard for me to go smoothly, thats just me though.
LOL
Quote by touch_of_autumn
i personally recommend jim dunlop jazzIII picks. they are great for shredding!

I agree completely
Quote by touch_of_autumn
i personally recommend jim dunlop jazzIII picks. they are great for shredding!

That's all I'll use.
Jazz III's are the best discovery I ever made.

#1 - You'll play faster and feel like you have less resistance.
#2 - You will have improved tone.
#3 - They last FOREVER. - I'm not kidding, these picks are tanks.
#4 - Regular Picks will now feel like playing with pancakes.

They work just as well for rhythm too.
I even play bass with them when I record my covers, it just sounds so much better to me.
hm... those Jazz III's look interesting. i've heard the name thrown around before too. they look a lot more usable than some of the other sharp picks ive seen.
Quote by lespaul#1
Indie stands for Industrial I think, like Marilyn Manson.

Ibanez RG2EX2 (Dimarzio Breed in bridge)
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Laney LV300T
Line 6 Toneport GX

The Falling Object Model
Quote by FLNagle
hm... those Jazz III's look interesting. i've heard the name thrown around before too. they look a lot more usable than some of the other sharp picks ive seen.

It may take you a day or two to get used to the size, but once you do you'll really appreciate it.

The first time I used my friend's I didn't like it, but when I bought one for myself, I loved it.
I seriously Have only ever owned 3. I lost one of them, and that's the only one that isn't still sharp today.
1.14 to .88 is a big jump, .88's are just too floppy for me, and I could never warm up to the Jazz III's. 1.14 - 1.5mm Gator Grips for the win.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
personally i use a .80, but anytime i get stuck using someone else's pick it throws me the hell off. i dont really have a certain pick for lead or rythym, i just found one that works all around
Gear:

Stinger Smx
Hondo H-1
Fender Classical
Custom Mini Les Paul
60 watt Mega Tube
GNX4 workstation
6 pack of Shiner Bock
how about the 1's? I use to use the Fender Medium, and those sucked some ass badly. Floppy picks, i dont know what those are in .mm?
LOL
I'm used to playing anything from .65mm to 2mm, anything else just seems weird. Personally, I don't think you'll notice a difference considering they're both mid-sized picks. I only really notice a difference if the pick is very thin or very thick.
People writing songs that voices never shared
No one dared
Disturb the Sound of Silence
Quote by SiKh22
how about the 1's? I use to use the Fender Medium, and those sucked some ass badly. Floppy picks, i dont know what those are in .mm?

Fender picks suck. I'm just gonna go ahead and say that. They are slippery as hell and they last like 5 minutes before they are dead. Get dunlop picks. My suggestion would be to buy several sets of picks, ranging from very thin to very thick, and decide whic one of those you like best. From there, you can decide if you wish they were maybe a little thicker, thinner, ect.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
.88's are good because they arent too thick or too thin. you can throw out some power chords then shred up some solos with them.
I'm going to join the other guys up above, and suggest the Jazz III's.

speed/shred/leads/sweeps feels a lot easier for me with these picks compared to the 1.0mm blue dunlops I used to use.

the size is a change, but honestly, I like the small pick size. Makes me fee like I have a tighter stance or something lol. Now when I play with other picks of normal size I feel like im using some huge pick haha.

Also...if you like the feel of the Jazz III's but dont like the size, I think they make XL Jazz III's. So try those!

I also really like playing rhythym with them. They give a really precise and crunchy feel, I love it.

I can play anything with them, but id probably be more comfortable with something a bit bigger and thinner for strumming chords...but I hardly EVER play anything with that kind of stuff in it.
Jackson KV2 USA Snow White/Black Bevels
i have no idea how people play jazz 3's i feel like i lose them in my freakin hand(i have big hands)
Quote by ironman1478
i have no idea how people play jazz 3's i feel like i lose them in my freakin hand(i have big hands)

I have massive hands, haha.
but if you hold them between your fingers close to the tip, the only thing missing is the part that hangs out the back on regular picks, that you don't really touch when gripping.
.88's are sexy as!
My Gear:

-Ibanez SZ120

-Ibanez AW40ECE Acoustic

-RMS 80Watt Amp

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
You can make that in a day. Give blowjobs in your school bathroom for 10 bucks.

That's how I paid the downpayment on my car.
You'd probably feel about .26 mm of difference.
Gear

Gibson '57 Les Paul Reissue
Marshall TSL 601
EHX: Big Muff, Metal Muff, Small Stone, POG, 2880
Ibanez TS808
Voodoo Labs Microvibe
Analogman Chorus
Morley Bad Horsie II
Keeley Compressor (C4)
Nova Delay
MXR 10-band EQ
I never really thought about pick size. I've been using those 2mm purple dunlop ones for 5 years. Never thought downsizing would make a difference.
ENGL Fireball
Framus 2x12
Ibanez RG1570 - DM Breeds
Epi Les Paul - Warthog Pup
MXR 10 Band EQ
TS9
ISP Decimator
Boss DD3
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop Crybaby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10rdcKp317I - New X-men Theme Vid
Quote by SG Man Forever
Fender picks suck. I'm just gonna go ahead and say that. They are slippery as hell and they last like 5 minutes before they are dead. Get dunlop picks. My suggestion would be to buy several sets of picks, ranging from very thin to very thick, and decide whic one of those you like best. From there, you can decide if you wish they were maybe a little thicker, thinner, ect.

Or bett yet, you can save money and go to a pawn shop or guitar store that sells individual picks and buy one of a bunch, so you don't have to blow a load of cash on buying a set of picks you don't like.
Quote by -Collapse-
Or bett yet, you can save money and go to a pawn shop or guitar store that sells individual picks and buy one of a bunch, so you don't have to blow a load of cash on buying a set of picks you don't like.

Picks aren't exactly expensive. It's like $3 a dozen. I always have to buy different picks because my preferences always change, sometimes, I'll only be able to play my best with 1.14mm, other times I'll prefer my 1.5mm, and today, I switched back to my 2mm Gator Grips.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
I use Jazz III's for chording and Big Stubbies 3.0 mm for lead and riffing. The grip on the latter is great and the attack is just absolute. You play with the pick, no the other way around.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Just get a bunch of different sizes, shapes, and weights, and play different music with all of them. I've been playing for just over a year, and I've amassed a ridiculous collection of different picks. If I'm practicing I usually just pull a few out of the bag and experiment with each to see what difference they make with a particular piece of music. I have developed a few favourites that feel right, but it's fun to try different things too.

--- D
I buy the Jazz III XLs they are the best picks ever IMHO. They aren't as small as the regular ones also so they are brilliant. The red ones beat the black ones though cus they have a smoother texture which feels better to play with.
Its Getting Better All The Time
i use jim dunlop xtra heavy, im not not sure of the size tho. it just sez X-H on the pick
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Dunlop Big Stubbies FTW.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself