well not that i have more time i wanna learn how to play...ill being playing almost all dave matthews songs..so my question is what kinda of guitar should i be looking at? and how much does a good one cost?
is that all you plan on playing??
be more specific of want you would like to play and how much you would like to spend
if all your playing is oar and goo goo dolls.. a cardboard box, strings, some nails and a hammer will get you a guitar suitable for that stuff.

be specific man
epiphone acoustics seem to be made pretty well, they aren't the best but they're a good value.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
'Ovation' Makes a really awesome acoustic/electric series.

I would suggest one of those, granted they are close to $500 but they are amazing.

My friend has one, and it's just fantastic.

If you're looking for a cheaper guitar, Yamaha would probably be the way to go. Like someone said earlier Epiphone...their quality isn't as good as Yamaha, but they sound just as good