So I am learning to play slide guitar does anyone have any tips or suggestions for some easy slide songs?
Check out some White Stripes.

Robert Johnson does some slide too.

Open D is a pretty cool side tuning. So is Open....A

What kind of slide do you have? Glass or metal?
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
duane allman .. i think thats spelt right. hes a great slide guitarist. he did layla with eric clapton.

alot of country songs use slide.
Six Letters for You

DADDAD
(or DADGAD, if that suits you better)
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
doesn't freebird use slide during the intro and verse? sounds rather easy, but then what do i know lol
Quote by Heilz
When backstage and talkin to the ladies i always go with the ¨Mines is bigger than theirs¨ argument as me bro holds hes guitar and i take out my bass... It works wonders @,@

Gear list:
Squire Affinity P-Bass
Ashdown Mag300 Evo II
Boss ODB-3
Free bird.And I think there is a slide in Bleeding Me by Metallica
A drumer is needed!!

In Dammam or Khobar
scar tissue by the chilis, the solo is slide and very easy, i faught piranahs by the white stripes is pretty easy too. also try seasick steve's dog house blues
Basically, you want to get a brass slide.
They sound billions of times nicer, (I used to think differently) and they might kill your tone slightly, but they still sound nicer.

Check out Son House, Blind Willie Johnson, and Duane Allman.
They are the greats of slide guitar.

My favourite tuning is Open E ( E B E G# B E). It's very simple to tune to, and is fairly easy to play in as the E string is the same as it is in standard tuning, if you are just starting out this is really helpful.

You want a fairly high action, because the slide should be touching just the strings, not the frets. Remember, where the slide is, thats the note. Try and place the slide just infront, or above the fret. Some players (I do this too) like to tune slightly sharp because the note is then exactly on the fret.

Try and hold the slide on the third finger for now, because it has the most control. Some prefer the pinky because you can use the other fingers to play lead licks, I for one like this. But it's all about your preference.
Hope it helped.

Gus
sliding doesn't work with standard tuning because you are basically playing:
E:0
B:0
G:0
D:0
A:0

^ does not sound good, so sliding in open tuning would be bad also
AROUND THE WORLD

Click here if you like the Washington Wizards
Quote by Yeti60
sliding doesn't work with standard tuning because you are basically playing:
B:0
G:0
D:0
A:0

^ does not sound good, so sliding in open tuning would be bad also

not if you find someway to mute the strings.. it can work
Actually, standard and Drop D are great for slide.

For example, Drop D is this

E:
B:
G:
D:
A:
D:

Now, the DGB combination forms a G chord, the EBG forms an Em chord, and the DAD forms, of course, a D power chord. All of the movable.

So yeah, you can't hit all at once, but play with your fingers and only hit what you need, and it works great.
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Quote by pepsi1187
not if you find someway to mute the strings.. it can work

yep but only with a few strings at a time. If you want that full sliding sound, it'd be best to change to an open chord tuning.
AROUND THE WORLD

Click here if you like the Washington Wizards
Quote by Yeti60
sliding doesn't work with standard tuning [...]

It does when you know what you're doing. At first you can play one string melodies, but after a bit you get to know when adding in other notes works.