What are your views on how tabs that are submitted pending approval be rated?

I'm an experienced guitar player and very often I see a tab submitted to be approved when there's already a better tab for that song on this website. Mind you, it can be quite annoying aswell when its half a riff or one lick.

Its great that people are tabbing - its a good way to improve your playing and its such a great feature of guitar playing and the internet. So people should be encouraged to tab. Certainly, I should tab more, but I dont have the time, but thats exactly why I want to get a good tab straightaway when I come onto ultimate-guitar.

But I feel bad when I hit the 'reject' button when a tab is already out there and done better -someone's been bothered to break out of their apathy and actually contribute. And their tabs and choice of tabs will (hopefully) get better.

So...niceynicey encouraging approach or be like the English bloke off American Idol?
Yeah I'm pretty much a Simon Cowell. I'm quite strict with these.

According to the counter...
Approved - 21
Rejected - 510

Edit: Although a lot that I've rejected were people who just submit one riff to a song, usually Smells Like Teen Spirit, Dani California, Seven Nation Army or the dreaded...Smoke on the Water! And also those people who put like "OMG 100% correct" or "right from the book" in the title.
Last edited by GeekInThePink at Feb 21, 2008,
Yea this kid I met keeping my girlfriend company at her hotel, was about my age (17) and claimed to be playing guitar for 7 years now. (He never had the internet) I had the internet and bought guitar pro... Iv been playing for 3 months and my teacher was amazed how far I am so quickly. He was still having troubles doing riffs like the one in Heat of the moment (the powerchord parts). Mind you it still baffles me to try and do a solo...Only one I can pull off is the one from Californication...
Quote by GeekInThePink
Yeah I'm pretty much a Simon Cowell. I'm quite strict with these.

According to the counter...
Approved - 21
Rejected - 510

That makes me feel better. More stringent quality control it is then!
I totally didn't get the point of this thread but:

Quote by lsw444
I'm an experienced guitar player and very often I see a tab submitted to be approved when there's already a better tab for that song on this website. Mind you, it can be quite annoying aswell when its half a riff or one lick.

Maybe that half a riff or just one lick submitted before that perfect version.It's impossible to remove first version unless it's a bad tab and you can report that.
Quote by zappp
emad I'm gonna ban you, seriously.
Bit of both, kinda.

As long as you give just reasons why you rejected it, as if there are too many tabs in the archive, or there are 5 star versions, or bad formatting I think that's enough tbh.

Although some of the comments that are left are just plain disrespectful. The stuff like 'This tab sucks, you're a moron', which I see daily on there.

But yeah, if you leave something constructive then I don't see a problem with it.

I suppose you could be nice, maybe I should do that once in a while xD

Hell, my record, when you see it is quite bad

EDIT: That's 117 approved, 844 rejected.
i sent "blackbird" by sarah mclachlan yesterday
i hope its good

871 tabs pending approval
Last edited by QC_ at Feb 24, 2008,
if the tab is incomplete and wrong just hit reject and i don't get it when people tab songs when there is already a perfect tab :s:s