I just got an Ibanez GAX30(red) today, and i was wondering what is a cheap amp that i can get? I need it to be under $70 lol, since I'm paying for it not my parents, and im just starting on electric.
go to a music store and look at the used cuz for $70 you won't find anything new even good enough to call crap
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
yeah pawn shop, or look for something on Ebay that is close by so u can go and pick it up/try it out a little mayb, craigs list?

deff go used tho, used is just as good so idk why ppl care
Quote by britneyspears69
I got my first guitar recently and people are telling me to get pickups. I don't get it. What do they do? Do they help you when you drop your pick?
yea my dads looking on ebay... so yea probably get something at ebay or get an $80 at the place i got the guitar
What was the one for 80 bucks?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
It was an Ibanez.... idk what model

EDIT: i think it was this one (click) but im not sure, it looked like it though
Last edited by TheWho2 at Feb 22, 2008,
Might want to look for Peavey Transtube amps...

Here's one new at the cost you're looking for.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-Solo-Guitar-Practice-Amp-481334-i1169235.gc

Others you mght want to look at would be the Roland Cube series. Would need to look either on ebay or in a pawn shop for something at the price you're looking at.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
+1 for the Transtubes. Hakael's suggestion would be the best, but if you can't come up with the extra $10 the Peavey Backstage is $59.99
I'd go with the Solo if possible.
i would look at the Line 6 Spider III 15 watt. only 100 dollars...20 bucks more than you were saying...but mow a couple lawns or something..lol. its very powerful for a 15 watt, and has great settings!

Alex
Guitars:
Schecter Omen 6
SX Telecaster
Rogue Deadnought
Squier J Bass

Amps:
Peavey TKO 115
Line 6 Spider III 15 watt
Fender Rumble 15

Drums:
Yamaha, Lugwig, Pearl, CB Drums
Sabian Cymbals
Yamaha Hardware
Quote by bojangleman
i would look at the Line 6 Spider III 15 watt. only 100 dollars...20 bucks more than you were saying...but mow a couple lawns or something..lol. its very powerful for a 15 watt, and has great settings!

Alex

lol mow the lawn... lol kinda hard when theres snow... lol...
Roland Cube series are actually pretty decent for SS amps, I'd save a bit more for one of them, it'll be better in the long run believe you me....don't get sucked into the MG-alike side of solid state amps
snow plow or something

Quote by TheWho2
lol mow the lawn... lol kinda hard when theres snow... lol...

Alex
Guitars:
Schecter Omen 6
SX Telecaster
Rogue Deadnought
Squier J Bass

Amps:
Peavey TKO 115
Line 6 Spider III 15 watt
Fender Rumble 15

Drums:
Yamaha, Lugwig, Pearl, CB Drums