Need a little help with it. The part of it that's sort of like a classical sequence (after the arpeggios). How would I pick that?

Here's my progress thus far. As you can see I'm getting tripped up over that part.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VSPfkScDak
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
I can't really help you with the part you're asking about, but if I may I'd like to give a bit of playing advice: Fix your fretting hand form. Right now it's just all over the place. I suggest watching Paul Gilbert here and matching your form to his.

Also, take the song slow at first and work up to speed.

Also, also, you have got to be ****ing me that you're 13. I'm 16 in a couple months, but damn you look like you could pass as my older brother. You also seem to have pretty dang long fingers.
looks to be sweeped picked from other videos...i might be wrong though
Quote by mista cricket

Passive pickups? Are there such a thing as aggressive pickup s?

Quote by guitarman015
What is theory?
So when you say you're 13 but you may not "look it," are you complimenting yourself in saying you look older, or saying you look younger? Just curious...

About picking that; it looks/sounds like it should be a sweep, so i would play it as such.

---------------------------
My Gear:
Ibanez RG350DX
Line 6 Spider III 75W
Ibanez SM7 Smash Box
Dunlop Crybaby Original Wah
Boss RC-2 Loop Station

Own an Ibanez RG series guitar? Join the group.
Yeah that's def sweep picking. That will take a good month of practice to get down to a proficient level. Just learn the shape then practice it over a couple of hours (like 4). When I was practicing it, it was really cool because it was one of the few things that kinda "snapped" for me. It was probably because i practiced it for so long in just one sitting, but i was suddenly good at it as opposed to gradually getting better.
gotta go, good luck on that.

My Gear:
Ibanez RG350DX
Line 6 Spider III 75W
Ibanez SM7 Smash Box
Dunlop Crybaby Original Wah
Boss RC-2 Loop Station

Own an Ibanez RG series guitar? Join the group.
Quote by Habit Zero
I can't really help you with the part you're asking about, but if I may I'd like to give a bit of playing advice: Fix your fretting hand form. Right now it's just all over the place. I suggest watching Paul Gilbert here and matching your form to his.

Also, take the song slow at first and work up to speed.

Also, also, you have got to be ****ing me that you're 13. I'm 16 in a couple months, but damn you look like you could pass as my older brother. You also seem to have pretty dang long fingers.

Thanks bro, I'll work on that the next few times I practice. Yeah, people usually mistake me for at least 16.

Quote by Black_Fender
So when you say you're 13 but you may not "look it," are you complimenting yourself in saying you look older, or saying you look younger? Just curious...

About picking that; it looks/sounds like it should be a sweep, so i would play it as such.

Well I didn't mean it like that. Now I feel pompous.

And thanks, I was trying to alternate pick it.
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by Black_Fender
Yeah that's def sweep picking

Wrong 'tis alt picked with string skips. You can sweep it if you want though.

And I say, slow it all the way down and use a bloody metronome, as you're out of time pretty badly. You also need to work on your picking and fretting hand technique.
Only one or two notes per string are picked in that section. Try getting a Powertab or Guitar Pro file which indicates what notes are legato.

Also, I recommend going back to basics with the whole thing, including the intro.
Quote by CowboyUp
Only one or two notes per string are picked in that section. Try getting a Powertab or Guitar Pro file which indicates what notes are legato.

Also, I recommend going back to basics with the whole thing, including the intro.

Yeah, slow it down a little man. The I do a sweep tap for the first arpeggio, then a normal sweep, then i tap the diminished arpeggio. The part after that I do a lot of legato, theres no sweeping involved.
Paul Gilbert pretty much never sweeps, so I doubt you should sweep the arpeggios. Just follow the guitarpro/powertab.
I had a look at the youtube video and right enough its not sweeped
PiT LURK3R

Quote by _Mayday_
Fellow Transformers, it has come to my attention that we have the mighty Megatron in our midst!

Ninja of the Ninja Club
he might not be that clean yet, but if I had that skill when I was 13, I'd be happy. I didn't even start before turning 14 though :p
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
watch Paul play that part here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0ylmUzNSPA&feature=related

Trust me, this song isn't the easiest thing to master, but once you get it down. It's hella fun.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
TS: Take it slow and use a metrenome!
it'll take you a good few months to even get close to perfecting it

there are also 2 ways to play scarified.
the original (on the racer x album "second heat") is sweeped, while the new version (played by paul gilbert in a space suit) is string skipped
Top lel.
Alright, I'll slow it down. I was just showing my progress, and it was a one take video, so please don't judge my abilities on that. Hope you guys didn't lose faith in my guitar knowledge because of that... >.>

Anyway, so yeah, advice taken. Thanks.
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X