hey guys

this maybe a dumb question but i jus wanna know...is it possible to play live/at a show with a 20 watt amp?coz i mean i use a starfire mega 10 which is 20 watt amp and it does have a line out so im just wondering if i do connect it to all the monitors and stuff the venue provides will i be able to put on a good show with that amp?
is it tube or ss? If it's a relatively small venue (<200 people) you should be fine... if its ss, you'd definitely need to run it through the monitors
If you mic it, you'll be fine.

EDIT: Assuming your amp is SS. If it's tube, it should be loud enough on its own.
Agile AL-3000 Cherry Sunburst
Fender American Strat HSS
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Ibanez TS9 w/ Keeley Baked Mod
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
mic it and it should do for a small gig
MY GEAR

Ibanez Af105 (JIZZ )
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone les paul standard
Fender frontman 212r
Yamaha p85

Coheed and cambria: Welcome home - what a song
and more......
If its a tube, 20 watts will be more than enough, ifits a SS then you will HAVE to mic it up or run it through the venues PA, otherwise the audience aint gonna hear ya

+Adam+
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

on the other hand a 20watt SS amp will likely sound rubbish
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
this is 3 time's I've seen this thread now.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.