Cort Z-42
Roland Microcube
Zoom G2 multi-effects

This is the gear I'm looking at getting. The sounds I would most like to imitate are primarily Muse, but also Rage Against the Machine, The White Stripes and (to a slightly lesser extent) Led Zeppelin.

Does this sound like a good setup for what I'm looking at playing and on a beginner's budget?
just change the amp to a epi valve junior combo
and your set to go

maybe a DS pedal

the epi is in the same price range as the microcube
so no worries there
yah well
what do you need already
the ok GO from a total ****ing stranger
the choice is clear then isnt it
there is a thread for this man
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
Quote by purple tiger
yah well
what do you need already
the ok GO from a total ****ing stranger
the choice is clear then isnt it

He has a point, if you're set on buying it then why ask? Personally I never really saw the point in practicing with headphones. They get in the way, distortion sucks on MOST of them and I would honestly rather just practice unamped but each to his own I guess.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by gunnerthekiwi
The Valve Junior doesn't have a headphone jack though, which is important for me.

The Peavey Royal 8 does, though. That would be a good option. The great thing about the Microcube is the built in effects. If you're set on a multi-FX pedal, then you'd be wise to get something like a small tube combo to run it thru. It's a little more money, but tonally worth it, IMHO.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
^thats why i suggested a tube conbo as well
and since the the royal 8 has a head phone you should go for that
the micro cube is good and all for practice and i guese if tone dosent matter to you
but if your set on playing and actually put effort in it then the only way you can go is tube
with the moddeling technology your ears think it sounds good for about two months or four
and then you start noticing something is missing you dont know what it is
but something is missing
and let me tell you what that is
its tubes
i havent tried a valveking but i imagine its bettor than the cube with that multi-effects pedal your buying
Quote by gunnerthekiwi
Cort Z-42
Roland Microcube
Zoom G2 multi-effects

This is the gear I'm looking at getting. The sounds I would most like to imitate are primarily Muse, but also Rage Against the Machine, The White Stripes and (to a slightly lesser extent) Led Zeppelin.

Does this sound like a good setup for what I'm looking at playing and on a beginner's budget?

Buy the guitar and the Microcube, but hold off buying the Multi-FX pedal.

Save that money that you'd spend on the pedal for a giggable tube combo OR for a rainy day.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
The micro cube is a very good choice, but don't bother with the effects pedal, the cube is enough until you start getting really good