I just bought one the other day(just got my first guitar too, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser), and have a really basic question(I'm probably just an idiot). How do you play clean through this amp? When you turn it on all those presets are automatically on, and I can cycle between them, but I can't figure out how to play without all that. Do you guys understand what I'm asking? Like I said, I 'm new to guitar so this question is probably retarded. But yeah, it'd be helpful to know how to play clean when I want to...
Ive never played one, so im not sure. If there is a drive knob, try turning that down. I dont know though, so free bump!
Well... you have to set it where you want it and then save YOUR preset. And then when you turn the amp on your personal presets will be on there instead of the factory presets. Usually this is done by holding a channel button down or something in that nature after its set. But I've never played that amp but I know it does it. So, just look in the book, if you don't have a book find one online, if you can't find one just hold down the channel button or something over 5 seconds and it should flash or something in that nature and it'll save it.
I have a G-Dec 15 and here is what I started with for that clean sound.

Enjoy.

Here is the step-by-step instruction for how to create a "clean" preset on the G-DECs, wihout involving the Preset Editor or downloading. Just the console on the amp:

<AMP> - means push the AMP-button once (etc)
<TURN> xxxx - means turn the data wheel until the display shows xxxx

<AMP> AMP TYPE <TURN> BLACKFACE1
<AMP> GAIN <TURN> 6.0
<AMP> VOLUME <TURN> 10.0
<AMP> BASS <TURN> 7.0
<AMP> MIDDLE <TURN> 7.0
<AMP> TREBLE <TURN> 7.0
<AMP> COMPRESSOR <TURN> OFF
<AMP> TIMBRE <TURN> FULL BODY
<AMP> NOISE GATE <TURN> OFF
<SAVE>
Save to Uxx <TURN> U00
(to save in user preset 00 so the amp always starts up with this setting.

<FX> FX TYPE <TURN> NONE
<FX> ...
<FX> REVERB TYPE <TURN> AMBIENT
<FX> REVERB LVL <TURN> 5.0
<SAVE>
Save to Uxx <TURN> U00

<DRUMS> PATTERN <TURN> BOSSA
<DRUMS> TEMPO <TURN> 90 (desired beats per minute)
<DRUMS> KEY <TURN> E (desired key to practice in)
<SAVE>
Save to Uxx <TURN> U00

Instead of amp type blackface you might want to try, for example, ACOUSTIC. And then when you get more adventurous start tweaking the gain, bass, mid and treble. And maybe add some reverb. And...

To change the name of your preset in U00 to for example "My Clean":
<UTILITY> then <TURN> and follow the instructions on screen.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Honeyburst
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe (Red Wine Version)
Tube Screamer T9
Boss Chromatic Tuner TU-2
Metal Muff
Small Clone
Fender G-Dec 15w