Yeah, the title explains it pretty much.
I've made a fair few amp threads; but this will (hopefully) be the last!

In search for a new amp, I have found 2 that really get me thinking.

The randall RG100scg2.
And the Fender Fm 212r.

The randall here is around 650 dollars AUD.
The FM 212r I can get for 350 dollars AUD.
So I was wondering, do you think it'd be worth getting the Fender amp and using the extra money to get some pedals? (I.e Phaser pedal, Distortion pedal, Tremolo, and maybe delay.)

Or should I get the more expensive Randall amp, and a simple distortion stompbox to go with it?

My styles of music range from anything really, So the most versatile amp would be the better out of the two.

Cheers.
neither, used classic 30 + an OD
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
No thanks.
I'm not interested in a peavey classic 30.

Oh by the way, I wouldn't mind picking up a nice half stack in my price range if any of you have some suggestions.
Do not get a Fender FM. Theres a reason it's cheaper. Crap.
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
The reason it's that cheap was because it was second hand though

So what do you all recommend?
Dude, You'll never need a half stack, your not picking up a "nice half stack" in that price range, If you want to buy garbage be my guest.
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
Of course I don't want to buy garbage.
That's why I haven't purchased anything yet.
the fender fm212r i played wasnt complete ****. alot of people here think that they are. but alot of people here worry way to much about their guitar tone and want it to be "perfect".

in my opinion, the fender is nice for a metal amp, and usually comes with a channel swap pedal which will solve your distortion pedal problem.

i say go with it. especially at a price like that.

no offence "i hate anything that isnt great tube" people.
Quote by HethaHORRIFIC
the fender fm212r i played wasnt complete ****. alot of people here think that they are. but alot of people here worry way to much about their guitar tone and want it to be "perfect".

in my opinion, the fender is nice for a metal amp, and usually comes with a channel swap pedal which will solve your distortion pedal problem.

i say go with it. especially at a price like that.

no offence "i hate anything that isnt great tube" people.

You have no ear if you think its nice for metal, seriously Moe, buy a Randal Rg50tc, Nice tone there and it will be louder than a 100w half stack
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
^^ None taken but if that FM is anything like my 15G, it'll be a bigger version of a buzzy tinny practice amp.

I honestly would say don't get the Fender. However it's your money and your gonna be playing it so if you like it then go ahead.

Also why don't you like the Classics? I found my C50 to be a nice versatile amp overall and at a very good price. Just something to consider.

Also do you plan on gigging? Cause a half stack or a high wattage amp may not be what you need.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
I do plan on gigging.
Not right now anyway, but my mate was telling me to get a loud amp, so when it does come time for me to start gigging, I wont need to upgrade and spend more money.
^ Well most solid state amps clip and become unpleasant when turned up. Especially at high volumes, so i'd avoid the Frontman for that reason.

There are much better gigging amps.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Hows about the Randall RG50TC as mentioned above?

Although that's twice the price as the RG100sc
I don't want an amp for metal though, I'm looking for an amp that's versatile and covers more than a single range of music.

Like I said, I play a lot of different stuff depending on my mood.
check out a peavey valveking 112 it is far better than either of the two amps you posted and a fair bit cheaper than the randall rg50tc. it is also very versitile
Quote by Tuckers
check out a peavey valveking 112 it is far better than either of the two amps you posted and a fair bit cheaper than the randall rg50tc. it is also very versitile

I agree. As much talk as there is around here regarding the VK, it's still quite underrated.

Quote by HethaHORRIFIC
but alot of people here worry way to much about their guitar tone and want it to be "perfect".

The continuing pursuit of betterment is a virtue, not a fault.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by Tuckers

What about a peavey valveking 212?
Are these amps quiet also? Or will I need a sound gate or something?
Good point hey.
I'm mainly looking for a bit of a bigger amp though, So I can.. Like, Sit ontop of it while playing =/ lol

Don't ask why..
Get a zoom G9.2tt or 7.1ut. Hook it up to the cheaper halfstack. Its got 2 tubes in it. It kicks ass, but is Made in Japan and not at Guitar Center so no-one knows about it.
Hm.

My nearest guitar centre is around 9,656 miles away.
Yeah, I'm Aussie.
Id go for the valveking, i have the 212 and it is quite the versitale amp. I can go from Foo Figthers all the way to Mastodon on it without using an od pedal. Though you may wanna buy one just to tighten it up a little. Though id buy the 112 though as 100 watts might be to much. Plus im pretty sure it has a line out on the 112 so you can connect it to a cab like a head.
If you're looking for something really versatile you're probably in the hunt for something along the lines of a modeling amp.

The Line 6 Flextone and Vetta series amps are both good quality modelers, but recognize what you gain in versatility, you give up in authenticity. So if you REALLY want the perfect SRV tone, or the perfect AC/DC tone, buying a modeling amp will get you close, but not really the same as the actual amp.

Theres always the option of buying two amps as well (budget permitting). The Peavey Windsor head and Fender Hot Rod Deluxe combo A/B'd sounds like an excellent, inexpensive plan for anything up to hard rock.
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
Home-Built Germanium Fuzz Face
MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
2 Fender Blues Juniors
No I haven't actually ^
I read some reviews though and watched some videos, and it does seem a lot better than the FM212r and the RG100sc we were talking about.
The Fender FM212 is junk.
Gear:

07 Gibson LP Vintage Mahogany
90-91 Fender MIJ '62 Reissue Strat
Fender Acoustic/Electric
Marshall TSL601 Combo
Crybaby Wah
Ibanez TS-9
Boss Tu-2
The Valveking 112 or 212 are definitely worth looking at. They're EXTREMELY versatile, and a thousand times better than the two amps you had listed above. The guitarist in my old band used the Fender while I used a VK112, and my ValveKing blew his amp away completely.

The reason you should stick with the 112 instead of the 212 is that there isn't an extremely significant volume difference going from 50 to 100 watts. I can't explain it, it's very technical, but with 50 watts you can push it harder and turn it up more to get a better overdrive sound. It's much harder to do that with the 212 100w model. Mine is loud enough to fill most gigs without a mic, and there is an output for a different cab if you want to put a cab under it. Also, I found mine used for $250USD (270 AUD). It's tough to come across one that cheaply, but it's not impossible.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall
The Valveking 112 or 212 are definitely worth looking at. They're EXTREMELY versatile, and a thousand times better than the two amps you had listed above. The guitarist in my old band used the Fender while I used a VK112, and my ValveKing blew his amp away completely.

The reason you should stick with the 112 instead of the 212 is that there isn't an extremely significant volume difference going from 50 to 100 watts. I can't explain it, it's very technical, but with 50 watts you can push it harder and turn it up more to get a better overdrive sound. It's much harder to do that with the 212 100w model. Mine is loud enough to fill most gigs without a mic, and there is an output for a different cab if you want to put a cab under it. Also, I found mine used for $250USD (270 AUD). It's tough to come across one that cheaply, but it's not impossible.

That are the Randall Rg50tc. you can sit on them there versitile and louder than your SS randal halfstack
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
No problem, be sure to share what you decide on and tell everyone how you like it!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall

Ah, Sid, another well written suggestion that makes me feel useless.