I don't, though I do seem to have a lot in common with them.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
I am.
No drinking, no drugs, no meat, no sex outside of a relationship.
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
Quote by OThugSd
I am.
No drinking, no drugs, no meat, no sex outside of a relationship.

Actually, what Minor Threat said was you can do all of those things, they just can't be the center of your life.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Quote by Jack Off Jill
Actually, what Minor Threat said was you can do all of those things, they just can't be the center of your life.

Dude, edge as a cultural movement has evolved so much beyond what it originally was. Now a lot of it has to do with making the choices that you feel are right in the context of your own life.
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
Quote by OThugSd
Dude, edge as a cultural movement has evolved so much beyond what it originally was. Now a lot of it has to do with making the choices that you feel are right in the context of your own life.

So then.. I could use drugs, alcohol, have sex with hookers, and eat red meat every day so long as I felt it was right in the context of my own life?

Hot damn, Ian is going to be proud of me.
Quote by vintage x metal

Straight Edge is just a dumb scene.
I'm all for not doing things that people pressure you to do.
But straight edge has become the hot thing
so people are being pressured into being straight edge
Its absolute hypocrisy
I <3 Drugs.

The universe works on a math equation-
That never even ever really ends in the end-
Infinity spirals out creation.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
Quote by Jack Off Jill
So then.. I could use drugs, alcohol, have sex with hookers, and eat red meat every day so long as I felt it was right in the context of my own life?

Hot damn, Ian is going to be proud of me.

I think you've won.
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
Quote by Ez0ph
Straight Edge is just a dumb scene.
I'm all for not doing things that people pressure you to do.
But straight edge has become the hot thing
so people are being pressured into being straight edge
Its absolute hypocrisy

Which is why Minor Threat distanced themselves from it later on.
Quote by OThugSd

I think you've won.

People in the middle of the night seem to give up much easier than the people during the day. Well played, sir.

*shakes hand*
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill
Which is why Minor Threat distanced themselves from it later on.

Ok
I don't really know the history of it very much
just what i read on some website like a year ago
I <3 Drugs.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
I'm intoxicated right now, so I guess I'm not. Used to be though, when I was like 17. Glad I didn't get the xxx tattoo.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by Ez0ph
Ok
I don't really know the history of it very much
just what i read on some website like a year ago

The idea was that people were losing themselves in the use of drugs and alcohol, and becoming wastes. Also, they looked at it as a form of mind control and uniformity. Ian felt like without things like this in his life to distract him from his goal, he could accomplish a lot more. But, that's only when it becomes a daily thing, and the center of your universe. Each member, aside from Ian, smoked pot, drank, and had sex. But, they didn't do it all the damn time. At least, not until the latter days of Minor Threat. Ian wasn't really looking to start a movement, he just kinda wrote about what he was thinking. That happened to speak to a lot of people. Eventually it became another uniform amongst punk rockers, and he distanced himself from it, though he still holds those ideals. Like when he wouldn't do an interview for Rolling Stone because they wouldn't do an issue that didn't have tobacco and alcohol ads.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill

They also said good guys don't wear white, and they're true about that.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by jinkymann
straight edge aye?
opposite of hxc or something?
its all bull****

Since you clearly know what you're talking about, I have no choice but to consider you an expert on the matter.

Everyone listen to this guy.

Quote by darkstar2466
They also said good guys don't wear white, and they're true about that.

Lets see.. Superman.. no.. Batman.. Nope.. Aquaman.. Nope.. Punisher? Well, he's not really a good guy, is he.. Hmm... I think you're right.

Oh wait, what about Bugs Bunny?
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill
The idea was that people were losing themselves in the use of drugs and alcohol, and becoming wastes. Also, they looked at it as a form of mind control and uniformity. Ian felt like without things like this in his life to distract him from his goal, he could accomplish a lot more. But, that's only when it becomes a daily thing, and the center of your universe. Each member, aside from Ian, smoked pot, drank, and had sex. But, they didn't do it all the damn time. At least, not until the latter days of Minor Threat. Ian wasn't really looking to start a movement, he just kinda wrote about what he was thinking. That happened to speak to a lot of people. Eventually it became another uniform amongst punk rockers, and he distanced himself from it, though he still holds those ideals. Like when he wouldn't do an interview for Rolling Stone because they wouldn't do an issue that didn't have tobacco and alcohol ads.

I see
One of those things
that the people who practice it dont interpret it the way it was ment
I <3 Drugs.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
Well, I seem to follow the original rules (no drinking, smoking, or doing drugs)

and no casual sex. Although that wasn't really my choice.

But if I'm offered alcohol, I'll just say "I don't drink" rather than "I'm straight edge."

I just feel that going round telling people I'm straight edge would be really obnoxious of me. Like if I said it, it'd be like "I'm straight edge, bitch."
Last edited by Minkaro at Feb 22, 2008,
haha am I the only one who thought this was about sexuality?

I thought by straight edge he meant he was straight but very close to gay
NEW! Never before seen on UG!
<< This sig space is for hire! >>
Call now and get a 10% discount!
First callers also get a plastic fork*!

*While supplies last.
Quote by roumen

lulz

I have a question though: Can I be straight at the edge if I consider every night an Arby's night?
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Quote by terrencemaddox
lulz

I have a question though: Can I be straight at the edge if I consider every night an Arby's night?

Only if you eat a 4th meal at Taco Bell after.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
Only if you eat a 4th meal at Taco Bell after.

Ah, you mean desert?
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
I don't do drugs or drink but I don't label myself anything for it. I just say I'm clean. I don't have sex either but hey, that's not my choice.
Quote by master
I don't do drugs or drink but I don't label myself anything for it. I just say I'm clean. I don't have sex either but hey, that's not my choice.

Did your parents neuter you at a young age?
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by roumen

Well, the fact that the thread is entitled "just curious" means that you can be forgiven
Quote by master
yes.

bummer
I <3 Drugs.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"