I couldn't find a thread about them, they're pretty much my favourite band.
Saw them live the 15th of February, they were awesome!

Any thoughts about them?
I'm not a great fan of them, even though some of the riffs are good, that particular brand of prog-metal ain't my thing.

Romeo's an incredible guitarist though. Sweep-tapping ftw.
Havn't heard much of there stuff but what I have heard I have really liked. The Odyssey is my fav song of theirs, out of the ones I have heard anyway. I like the vocalist too, unlike most prog bands. And yes ^ Michael Romeo is an awesome guitarist.
Godlike perfection reflect in these eyes.
Reaching for my place with stars on high!

Yes, Symphony X is indeed awesome. I love it when the singer pushes his voice, and I have to say, even though Michael Romeo is a spectacular shredder, I like his riffs better (rhyme ftw). For instance, the verse riffs in Domination and Set the World on Fire off of Paradise Lost are both amazing, I could sit and play them all day.
My Rig:
Washburn N1
Digitech Death Metal
Yorkville XM50
Quote by DuffMcKagan7179
Godlike perfection reflect in these eyes.
Reaching for my place with stars on high!

Yes, Symphony X is indeed awesome. I love it when the singer pushes his voice, and I have to say, even though Michael Romeo is a spectacular shredder, I like his riffs better (rhyme ftw). For instance, the verse riffs in Domination and Set the World on Fire off of Paradise Lost are both amazing, I could sit and play them all day.

Those were actually the riffs I was talking about

To be honest, I just haven't heard enough riffs like those from them yet, and I get bored with that album pretty quickly aftre the first two songs.
Russel Allen is one of the best metal vocalists imo.
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

Symphony X is amazing, but there's already a thread on them in the 80's, shred, and progressive forum.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=551096 Here it is.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
^Progressive rock. This is progressive Metal. Nice try :P

Paradise Lost was pretty good.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
Excellent band. I enjoyed them more than Dream Theater at the Manchester Apollo. The chorus in the song Paradise Lost is very moving to me.
I'm going to create the procrastination club, just later...
Quote by Seth Shadows
^Progressive rock. This is progressive Metal. Nice try :P

Paradise Lost was pretty good.

its already an 8 page thread...

and paradise lost was an amazing album. great band.