Okay, so I wanted to know if it was a good idea? Like, if you try the same guitar in the shop and look for it on ebay? Also, I've heard a lot of fake Gibsons, is there anyway to make sure it's real? Umm... yeah.. just the whole deal on buying guitars from ebay. Should I do it? If so, what should I look for and how? Thanks.
It isn't really a bad idea, it has good deals, but you have to watch yourself
Quote by Bartleby
i tune to drop-Z and string my guitar with barbed wire.

Quote by UncleCthulhu
we r all rlaeted bcuz teh bibel sez so we r al innbreads lolo

Prime Minister of Puppets of The Australia FTW Club

One of The 9 Winners of the Official 5th MOD Contest
Quote by Dimster Ds
It isn't really a bad idea, it has good deals, but you have to watch yourself

what he said
if its a real gibson, it will have gibson on the headstock.. and yeh i dont see why not about buying off ebay
I've bought 2 guitars, an amp and a distortion pedal off eBay with no problems (not to mention the numerous clothes).
Quote by Nikon87
Okay, so I wanted to know if it was a good idea? Like, if you try the same guitar in the shop and look for it on ebay? Also, I've heard a lot of fake Gibsons, is there anyway to make sure it's real? Umm... yeah.. just the whole deal on buying guitars from ebay. Should I do it? If so, what should I look for and how? Thanks.

Just check serial numbers and watch for import fees and you're fine.
Be weary. I deal with eBay almost everyday. There are scammers. So if you don't receive your product in a reasonable amount of time don't be afraid to report him. But I would make sure you try to work it out with the seller first and always AND I mean ALWAYS USE PAYPAL. It the only way that if you get scammed that you have a chance of getting your money back
P.L.U.R.

We'll choke on our vomit and that will be the end

We were fated to pretend
i wouldnt reccomend it i bought a ibanez jem off ebay and it turned out to be a fake and i couldnt get my money back
I see the Gibson on the headstock and the serial number... but what do I do with the serial number? Just make sure it's there? Does the simple fact of it having a serial number make it real?
Quote by punkrocker10115
Be weary. I deal with eBay almost everyday. There are scammers. So if you don't receive your product in a reasonable amount of time don't be afraid to report him. But I would make sure you try to work it out with the seller first and always AND I mean ALWAYS USE PAYPAL. It the only way that if you get scammed that you have a chance of getting your money back

+1

but be aware that even though two guitars may be the exact same model, there are always differences. Each guitar is pretty individual. Your best bet is allways the guitar you tried out at a local shop, because you liked IT, not the one you see on the internet.
Quote by Nikon87
I see the Gibson on the headstock and the serial number... but what do I do with the serial number? Just make sure it's there? Does the simple fact of it having a serial number make it real?

no, you can check if it is a proper serial number over at www.gibson.com I think.
it kinda sucks you cant try it out befgore u by whicht is really important with instruments
Quote by charvel_man
"My lovely lady lumps"
What the **** are lady lumps? What does she have, breast cancer?

Bacchus basses FTW!
www.japanvintageguitars.com
Quote by guitaristben
if its a real gibson, it will have gibson on the headstock.. and yeh i dont see why not about buying off ebay

necks can be relpaced, bud

Quote by WillPlayForFood
Tell her you want to sodomize her with a chainsaw
Quote by FrenchyFungus
OMFG, an opinion.

RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNN!
Quote by nashville_star
necks can be relpaced, bud

Not on gibsons, bud.
Quote by LedZepKicksAzz
You are simply the greatest person ever to walk this great planet.
i've seen em with bolt-ons bud
Quote by WillPlayForFood
Tell her you want to sodomize her with a chainsaw
Quote by FrenchyFungus
OMFG, an opinion.

RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNN!
if you do.
be careful about what you buy
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
Quote by nashville_star
i've seen em with bolt-ons bud

Not les pauls bud, unless there really ****ty ones
The Set Up
1- Bc.Rich Nj Series Best w/Emgs
2-Ibanez v-blade, custom snakeskin
3-Fender Stratocaster
4-1986 Charvel Model 5
///
MXR Phase 90
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Dunlop crybaby original