I bought a Les Paul by Zenon and it looks identical to the Les Pauls in the music store. The wood grain is a perfect match and it's weight is the same. I'd been spending a lot of time examining guitars over the past year or two and when a store brought in a whole lot of Zenons each model was a replica of some top of the range guitar and seemed immaculate. There was nothing cheap looking about any of them and I wanted them all. I bought a sunburst Ovation copy acoustic/electric for myself for 200 and it's normally a 3-4 grand guitar at the ovation store. And I bought the Les Paul copy for my 21 yr old son for $299. We went straight to the big music store nearby to get an amp and strap etc and they had identical Les Paul models for $4500.

So as I trust my own eyes and senses and I can see that the guitars are identical and the Zenon is of the highest quality - I have to assume that the American brand costs so much simply because it is made in The States where people get paid more than ten bucks a day and they don't have to work 16 hrs straight etc ?

The guitar I bought looks like this Classic Les Paul

My son is stoked with the Les Paul and it sounds awesome to say the least.

I'm thinking about buying another one for myself before they are all gone.
yeah gibsons are way over priced. i dont know much about guitars yet.. still learning. but i think that that's true. :S i hope. now that i've said it. is it right? heh
thats a pretty good find, and if it's a first guitar you can't really go wrong for that price
but the thing to rememebr is when you're buying Gibsons, you're pretty much just paying for the name
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
You might not be able to see or hear a difference but there is one...granted it's not $4200 worth of difference but the Gibson is still better, you don't get "highest quality" for $300 in the guitar world.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
This thread is VERY fishy
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
^It is. It's like the high-flying praise on a Chinese ripoff site, only with less "play electronic beautiful strings guitar and real wood!".

...and it's the same in that thread he replied in yesterday.
If you honestly believe that there is no physical or tonal difference between a Gibson Les Paul Standard and a $300 "Zenon" then you are quite simply an idiot.

There is a huge difference, Gibsons are overpriced, but they are priced high for a reason.

There is a reason why so many artists use them, and only use the Standards. They are simply incredible guitars.
High as tits

Gibsons are overpriced, QUOTE]

That's what I believe also. Wood is made by God and if it's exactly the same wood on each guitar and the workmanship is perfecto then they are the same guitar.

If you took the brand names off the Zenon and the U.S brand an artist would not know the difference.

The Zenon was made to sell for $500 originally, but if it was made in the U.S that price tag would have been the same as the U.S Les Pauls.

There's very little info about Zenon Les Paul on the web so I started this thread to hopefully change that.

Last edited by Godfire at Feb 22, 2008,
That's just it, they don't use the same wood. Or the same tuners. Or the same pickups. Or the same electronics. Or the same inlays etc etc.

Gibson have a 60 year history of producing electric guitars and have therefore earned the right to overcharge as their name alone has inherent perceived value. Zenon are an unknown brand so even if their guitars were made in the US they still wouldn't cost half what a Gibson costs.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Feb 22, 2008,
Amazingly the woods are identical. I'm the son of a carpenter and I have always been around different types of wood and I can see and feel that the wood on both guitars is identical.

Pickups vary a lot even on the U.S brand but the Zenon ones seem to do the job well. The inlays and finish are identical as well.

Woah whats with all the religious iconography? Though kudos on the use of the archangel Michael, for obvious reasons
Quote by steven seagull

Gibson have a 60 year history of producing electric guitars and have therefore earned the right to overcharge .

I don't see it as overcharge or over priced exactly. That's probably just the way the markets work in some respects. Possibly the Zenons are under priced and that is more of a crime seeing as their workers get screwed out of a decent wage etc.

I know there's cheap imitations out there but the Zenon Les Paul is not one of them. It's a first class copy.

An artists attitude towards an instrument has a lot to do with the sound he/she produces with it.
idk i wouldnt really buy that because it looks like a les paul but then it has ZENON on it then everyone know its copying and they look down on you. And besides when you buy the gibsson and its made in the states then you help the us become more selfsufficiant lol(jk)
Main Admin and creator of Chicnstu.
-Peavey + Washburn Amps
-Zakk Wylde Overdrive Distortion stompbox
-EVH Phase-90 Phaser stompbox
-Crybaby Limited Edition Wah
-Crybaby 535Q Wah
-Crybaby Slash Wah
-Coffin Blood Drive Distortion stompbox
Quote by Suicidal_Brick

Gibsons are overpriced, QUOTE]

That's what I believe also. Wood is made by God and if it's exactly the same wood on each guitar and the workmanship is perfecto then they are the same guitar.

If you took the brand names off the Zenon and the U.S brand an artist would not know the difference.

The Zenon was made to sell for $500 originally, but if it was made in the U.S that price tag would have been the same as the U.S Les Pauls.

There's very little info about Zenon Les Paul on the web so I started this thread to hopefully change that.

You took what I said out of context. I said they are overpriced for a reason.

And wood was not made by God, it is made by a seed that grows in soil.
High as tits
Gibson sells more guitars when it raises the price of them.

It's called the "prestige factor" or some other thing like that.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
What's with this dude?

You got your God in my UG.
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece
Quote by Godfire
Amazingly the woods are identical. I'm the son of a carpenter and I have always been around different types of wood and I can see and feel that the wood on both guitars is identical.

um why the **** would you go with a guitar that doesnt even show up on my search? go with a fricking MIJ guitar. their guitars are supposed to be less than USA made ones but you know how Japanese people are so their guitars are friicking amazing.
PS3

Fear the LIME

X
Quote by Godfire

Pickups vary a lot even on the U.S brand but the Zenon ones seem to do the job well. The inlays and finish are identical as well.

I'm sure the materials of a real Rolex & a fake Rolex feel identical, too. Also, a Cobra kit car feels the same as a real AC Cobra.
Tell your wife that the cubic zirconia in her wedding ring feels just like a real diamond, & if you survive that, tell us all about it.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Quote by Godfire

You took what I said out of context. I said they are overpriced for a reason.

And wood was not made by God, it is made by a seed that grows in soil.

**** your right! seed make stree. tree make ax.
something tells me this guy works for this "Zenon" company.
Quote by Ed Hunter
The only time I'd want to touch a 500 degrees frying pan is to set my hand on fire and punch someone in the face.

Quote by Captain Insano
Soulja boy! They stole his gold.
Robbed his Jacket now he's cold!

YOU! Steal from Soulja boy.

*sings over crank that*
Hehe... this thread is so funny. This guitar is a good as a Gibson???..... bwaahaaahaa.... I think not my friend. You are really not very well informed nor have any real eye/ear/feel for quality.

I do know wood and can tell you that there is a massive difference in the grade and quality of wood even in the same species. I too am the son of a carpenter and am indeed a carpenter myself.... no I am not Jesus and my Dad wasn't Joseph.... don't think my Mum was a virgin either, but be realistic about this cheap guitar made from cheap wood. It ain't a Gibson and won't play, sound or feel like one either.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Gibson DC Pro Custom shop
Fender American Stratocaster - Vintage custom
Fender Squier Strat
Fender Standard Telecaster
Quote by withgunstoglory
something tells me this guy works for this "Zenon" company.

+1. Especially considering his only posts relate to this brand called zenon. Hence, he's banned.

"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure