I never really use either of them but id like to know which go together. Is it the same as other chords like they form a triad 1 - 3 - 5. And u can use the I IV V progression? What i need to know is on the a string Like
1 from the a string what chord is that? A# - F - A# on the fret board i know that a power chord is only 1 - 5 of the triad. Then there is
2 and etc what is each one all the way to the 12 fret.

About drop D same thing what does 111 and 333 and 444 what chords are they?
Ty very much much appreciated.
My newest cover Rivers Of Babylon sublime style.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J_E7iWLxmiA

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
80s rock, classic rock, classic metal
when you tune the E to a D the lowest note on the power chord is moved two noteshigher to 'compnsate' for dropping two notes in the tuning. (because E is two notes lower than D)

i.e:
e--------------|
b--------------|
g--------------| becomes
d----5--7-----|
a----5--7-----|
E----3--5-----|

e--------------|
b--------------|
g--------------| becomes
d----5--7-----|
a----5--7-----|
D----5--7-----|

as well as making the power chords easier to play, drop D allows two new power chords to be used that wouldn't usually be possible:

e--------------|
b--------------|
g--------------|
d----1---0----|
a----1---0----|
D----1---0----|

these are not possible in standard as it would have to be:
negative 1?!

however there are disadvanteages- if you have learnt the scales in standard then it may be a bit difficult to get your head around, and also regular chords like G are impossible (or damm near) to play

Drop D is used by many modern punk and post-hardcore bands such as Lostprophets, Paramore, Silverstein, Fall Out Boy and Billy Talent.

Hope this helps

however there are disadvanteages- if you have learnt the scales in standard then it may be a bit difficult to get your head around, and also regular chords like G are impossible (or damm near) to play

Hope this helps

says om wiki a g5 in drop D is 555

Can u just thow them in any order or do they have to be in a certain progression?

Same with power chords? Or do u treat them like the laws of open chords?
My newest cover Rivers Of Babylon sublime style.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J_E7iWLxmiA

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
80s rock, classic rock, classic metal
Last edited by silly6-string at Feb 22, 2008,
It doesn't change progressions, just how you play them... idea: try it out instead of asking us. You can learn for yourself, and learn far better too.
chords follow the same rules regardless of the tuning you're using - just learn to look at them as notes as opposed to positions and it'll make a lot more sense.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com