The tuning head of my G-string was damaged when my LP Studio fell off its stand. Should I replace just this one (they're the gold Gibson Deluxe tuners), or take this opportunity to upgrade to a different/better set? Through this ebay posting I could replace the one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/GIBSON-DELUXE-Tuning-Machine-Tuners-Tuner-Replacement_W0QQitemZ130199814830QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item130199814830

But I recognize that full sets aren't much more expensive, so if there truly is an advantage in upgrading I don't see the point in not.

Side question, is there any trick to installing these, or is it as simple as it seems it should be?
It's completely up to you whether or not you replace them all or only the one. They won't really make a huge difference on a les paul, since they're already pretty good at staying in tune.

And is as simple as it seems.
Gear

Gibson '57 Les Paul Reissue
Marshall TSL 601
EHX: Big Muff, Metal Muff, Small Stone, POG, 2880
Ibanez TS808
Voodoo Labs Microvibe
Analogman Chorus
Morley Bad Horsie II
Keeley Compressor (C4)
Nova Delay
MXR 10-band EQ
I would upgrade to a better tuning key set
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Tribute (Bare Knuckle Nailbombs)
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul (Seymour Duncan Pegasus and Sentinent)
-Ibanez S470 (Dimarzio D-sonic and Humbucker from Hell)
-PRS SE Custom (Guitarforce Black Diamond and Lord of the Blues)

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
EVH 5150III EL-34 50w
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Boss Super Chorus
Bogner Uberschall
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Electro-Harmonix Power Booster
Fender PT100 Pedal Tuner

Strings:
Ernie Ball Skinny Top/Heavy Bottom 10-52
Thanks for the replies--perhaps I should have asked explicitly, but can you suggest what brand or even specific set would be better?
I'm in your exact position except mine was my high E string.
Can you just buy one? Instead of forking out for a set of 6?
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Quote by Vauxite
I'm in your exact position except mine was my high E string.
Can you just buy one? Instead of forking out for a set of 6?

Look at that ebay link I posted, the guy charges $14+$4/shipping for a single one for treble or bass. For double the price, though, you could replace the whole set, which is where my question stems. I think if you go to a local music shop (maybe even GC) they would have some replacement parts.
Grover & Wilkinson/Gotoh are both great makes.

Good quality, not TOO expensive either.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
For brands, I's go for the big two, Gotoh and Sperzel. There is a very good reason that they're the most popular tuners around.
Quote by Weybl Himself
For brands, I's go for the big two, Gotoh and Sperzel. There is a very good reason that they're the most popular tuners around.

yes there is sir. Grovers stay in tune for a long time
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Sperzel are my favourite, but the ratio is only 12:1, which means that it's much harder to pinpoint the exact concert pitch when tuning.

EDIT: I have grovers on my Epi Strat, but I think they're cheap ones because they're pretty crap.
Grover do make some good ones, but they make some pretty average ones too, gotta be careful there lol