Page 1 of 2
Hey UG I've been vomiting constantly yesterday and right now every 3 hours or so I have to run to the toilet because I feel like it's coming out. Are these symptoms of a flue or what guys? I feel horrible what should I eat and drink?
It's some kind of disease thing. Everyone in the UK had it a couple of months ago. I think you have that anyway. It's a virus. It should go away after a couple of days. Just stay away from other people, you wouldn't wanna make them vomit too.

Or would you? I'll leave you to think about that
Quote by whiteraven119
My new hero. Anyone willing to use lethal martial arts against hxc kids is amazing.

That's me

Quote by jaridv1
my penis has a restraining order against me because i beat it

Quote by destroy_techno
See a doctor

+1

it's either a 24 hour sickness that might go away by tomorrow, or, you've got a fever.

neither is good for you tbh, so ring up your doctor and get yourself an appointment.
Sounds like norwalk virus to me.

I had it a while ago last year before most people out of nowhere one night - then a few months later (almost everyone...?) started getting it.

Edit - try eating some really low concentrated jelly, and sipping water (not much) every now and then.
Egg on toast is always good for me when I'm ill. I put marmalade on the toast prior to the egg, I suggest everyone does this.
Make sure you drink A LOT of water. If you keep vomitting then you're losing a lot of fluids. Other than that, you can have light soups and toasts. Don't eat or drink anything thats "heavy" on your stomach.

MOST IMPORTANT: Get yourself an appointment at the doctor, it's quite dangerous to vomit as much as you are.
Hmm, doctor or adolescents on UG... it's a hard choice, I'll admit, but perhaps you should get off your arse and get some professional help.
Quote by webbtje
Hmm, doctor or adolescents on UG... it's a hard choice, I'll admit, but perhaps you should get off your arse and get some professional help.

Ignorant post alert.

It sounds just like the NORWALK virus, it has been advisable to avoid going to the doctors with this.

Since the TS is in the states I suggests he does anyway.

Oh and don't even think about drinking "ALOT" of water.
Quote by Jackolas
Ignorant post alert.

Person irritated by people asking for serious medical advice on UG alert, actually.
Quote by Lostprophets$$$
Just stay away from other people, you wouldn't wanna make them vomit too.

Or would you? I'll leave you to think about that

why dont you just go "Umbrella Corporation" on everybody you hate?
Quote by carcass255
long hair is cool mate

haircuts are for people in concentration camp
u gotta drinka micture of water salt and sugar salt 1 teaspoon sugar 3 soup spoon water 1 litre(2 pounds or so) then u wont get dehudrated and die like baby afticans
Yeah, stuff like that has been going on. Just wait it out.

[EDIT]: With my experiences, eating our drinking ANYTHING will just make you puke. I know it's awful, but you're just going to have to wait it out until you can keep things down.
The medium is the message!

Oh and don't even think about drinking "ALOT" of water.

No dude of course not, let yourself dehydrate, sounds like a good plan!! You're not a doctor and thus you are not qualified to make any diagnose of the TS. It's a basic thing to hydrate yourself if you're losing a lot of fluids. So until the TS knows what the hell is going on, he may as well try to hydrate himself again. If drinking water causes him to vomit even more, then he sure as hell knows he needs medical attention.
Quote by Aetius
No dude of course not, let yourself dehydrate, sounds like a good plan!! You're not a doctor and thus you are not qualified to make any diagnose of the TS. It's a basic thing to hydrate yourself if you're losing a lot of fluids. So until the TS knows what the hell is going on, he may as well try to hydrate himself again. If drinking water causes him to vomit even more, then he sure as hell knows he needs medical attention.

Water sucks, gatorade is better.
Sounds like your common or garden norovirus - haven't had it myself, but basically I'll echo everyone else: eat however much you're capable/comfortable with, and take regular drinks. Don't be tempted to chug ****loads of water though, it's dangerous, whether you're healthy or not, to get overhydrated.

*edited to add commas for clarity
Yay! Here comes the Army Medic to the rescue!

Pretty much the basics. Bedrest and liquids. As said before, constantly SIP water, and get a hold of as much vitamin C as you can. People seriously underestimate the power of fruits.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
maybe yer pregnant
Quote by carcass255
long hair is cool mate

haircuts are for people in concentration camp
Quote by 1337void
micture

hmmm....micture....thats a new way to spell mixture....
Quote by Caustic
If I didn't cuss so much, I'd be illiterate!

Quote by Will_Minus
Stupid people do stupid things. Don't be stupid, stupid.
Quote by webbtje
Person irritated by people asking for serious medical advice on UG alert, actually.

Okay fine.

Maybe there should be a new rule against it. It does sometimes provide light entertainment, though.
Quote by akaDan
Egg on toast is always good for me when I'm ill. I put marmalade on the toast prior to the egg, I suggest everyone does this.

do you really suggest it for EVERYONE??? did you know that I'm deathly allergic to egg and that if i do eat egg that my throat will swell up till its closed then I'll suffocate.
Quote by Tiksi
people who think that the tuning peg things have to be straight. I went to the bathroom once, I come back, and my friend detunified my guitar, and then asked why it sounded weird. ARGG!!!

mcROFL
Quote by Burning Star 4
do you really suggest it for EVERYONE??? did you know that I'm deathly allergic to egg and that if i do eat egg that my throat will swell up till its closed then I'll suffocate.

Write a song about it!
Quote by rooster456
Yay! Here comes the Army Medic to the rescue!

Pretty much the basics. Bedrest and liquids. As said before, constantly SIP water, and get a hold of as much vitamin C as you can. People seriously underestimate the power of fruits.

Possibly unfortunately for your advice, research has shown that vitamin C doesn't actually do that much at all.

EDIT: Sorry that's for cold prevention. But it isn't a wonder cure on it's own, either
EDIT2: Edited first sentence

With the vomiting, you need liquid, yes, but also you're getting yourself an imbalance in your digestive system. Isotonic drinks can help with thisw, but only a small amount. Rest. See a doctor.
Last edited by Deliriumbassist at Feb 22, 2008,
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Unfortunately for your advice, it's been proved that vitamin C doesn't actually do that much at all.

With the vomiting, you need liquid, yes, but also you're getting yourself an imbalance in your digestive system. Isotonic drinks can help with thisw, but only a small amount. Rest. See a doctor.

By who? I think it does help *prevent* colds and stuff. It can't hurt at the end of the day.
Quote by Jackolas
By who? I think it does help *prevent* colds and stuff. It can't hurt at the end of the day.

It does. He must mean after you are already vomiting your spleen up.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
You're just trying to scam us out of having to eat our fruits and veggies! I'm a growing boy, I need to eat well, and I refuse to read that propaganda!

lol

On a personal note, I barely take in any vitamin C and have a fantastic immune system. Unless the mud I kept eating as a child contained enough vitamin C to last a lifetime...

And interestingly enough, humans are one of the only animals that don't produce it internally. And I fail to see how taking extra vitamin C during an illness would help- it is linked to IgA, IgM and C3- these are among the FIRST things that your body does in an immune repsonse. Although complement is humoral, and vitamin C, in the above paper, isn't really helpful in humoral activity.
Last edited by Deliriumbassist at Feb 22, 2008,
Quote by Deliriumbassist
lol

On a personal note, I barely take in any vitamin C and have a fantastic immune system. Unless the mud I kept eating as a child contained enough vitamin C to last a lifetime...

You never ate oranges? What the f*ck are you?
Quote by Burning Star 4

But eggs are nice.
intestinal blockage go to the hospital, i had one back in november and all i remember is throwing up about 30 times in one day
Quote by Burning Star 4

....do it. dont be such a pussy.
I had this few years ago except i was sick ever 30mins to an hour for a day. It was ****ing **** but you just gotta man up and take it. Eat lots of peanuts and jelly and ham cos your sick will look mint
Quote by Darth_Qurashi
Man it feels just like anal sex, I think; I'm still a virgin

Quote by nebiru
Goose is my Hero.

Quote by Xeus
Yeah, if you get the shag in before she's your legal sister the incest is over turned
Page 1 of 2