and brags about being able to play "Hey There Delilah"?

I mean,its not a bad song,actually it sounds very nice with singing...but the guitar part is just lame...

and i do know of someone that played ''Hey There Delilah" when i first met him,and played it again about a year later..

i know of another that bragged about being able to play the song ''pieces'' by Sum 41...and top it all off...he goes for lessons...A year so far...and he is freaking slow...he barely knows how to shred *edit: ok fine,maybe i'm pushing the truth.....but he still sucks ass...*

ts really funny to see people like that...it brings a good laugh...

sorry,i'm a bit groggy so please forgive me for my spelling mistakes...

so,do you people know anyone like that?

and,what do you think about these kind of people?
Last edited by NoobOnZone at Feb 22, 2008,
call em retards? idk

i don't think learning to shred falls under the criteria of your first year of playing, although i could tap after about 6 months

im learning how to sweep now (2 1/2 years)
Staff Sergeant of The Megadeth Military
PM BlackicN to join

Archbishop of Zeppelinism
PM heartbreaker

Gear
Guitars
ESP LTD MH1000
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
81 Gibson SG
Parker PM20
Amps
Fender Hotrod Deluxe
Roland Cube 60x
bragging about hey there delilah is like bragging about knowing how eat a hot dog
Staff Sergeant of The Megadeth Military
PM BlackicN to join

Archbishop of Zeppelinism
PM heartbreaker

Gear
Guitars
ESP LTD MH1000
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
81 Gibson SG
Parker PM20
Amps
Fender Hotrod Deluxe
Roland Cube 60x
Quote by guitargod21136
bragging about hey there delilah is like bragging about knowing how eat a hot dog

WITH MUSTARD!
i know of another that bragged about being able to play the song ''pieces'' by Sum 41...and top it all off...he goes for lessons...A year so far...and he is freaking slow...he barely knows any shredding for tapping skills...

You can't expect people to shred after just one year of playing.
Luckily I don't know any people who brag about their skills.
hello ... i see you are still around ug... lol

i still suck at guitar... so... dont go around putting others down
i have been playing for like maybe 2 years but i was only serious about it for like 6 months and i havent even tried to do tapping because im not in to it
some people are just really into guitar and practice a lot and get good really fast
then there are others....

i know a guy who bought a guitar his junior year in high school
played for about a year and a half and then went to california for guitar school
i didnt know he'd been playing for only a year and he sounded like he'd grown up playing guitar
Gear:
Jackson SL-3 Soloist w/ licensed Floyd Rose
Peavey VK 100 Head
Earcandy Boa 2X12 Cab w/ 70 watt Speakers
Fender Frontman 15 Watt Practice Amp

I'M SELLING A HOHNER HR1000 GUITAR. PM ME FOR INFO.
Quote by petrina_678
hello ... i see you are still around ug... lol

i still suck at guitar... so... dont go around putting others down

oh sorry.. but at least you don't brag...
David Gilmour can neither tap nor shred. He plays pretty slowly.

Wow, I never realised that he was noob, thank you for enlightening me!

[/sarcasm]
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
Quote by NoobOnZone
oh sorry.. but at least you don't brag...

LOL.. nah its ok.. im not offended or anything

but dont you think UG Has had too many of these kind of threads....
oh...well..i rarely run around...only check threads about s470s...

no...i'm serious...
Not everyone wants to be Steve Vai. I'm happy enough just being able to play my favourite songs.
Quote by NoobOnZone
oh...well..i rarely run around...only check threads about s470s..

no...i'm serious...

heh I totally believe you! ( no sarcasm ...SERIOUSLY)

nice to see you in the pit for a change though!
lol! please,i still run around places! the electric guitar forums and stuff...lol,typical...
I've been playing a year and 4-5 months, and I can not tap or do pinch harmonics. I try to tap, but you can only hear two notes (The lowest one that i hold, and highest one that i tap). Pinch harmonics... I wouldn't really ever use them with the kind of music I play, but I try anyway. I can not for the life of my get my fingers just right.
Quote by NoobOnZone
and brags about being able to play "Hey There Delilah"?

i know of another that bragged about being able to play the song ''pieces'' by Sum 41...and top it all off...he goes for lessons...A year so far...and he is freaking slow...he barely knows how to shred *edit: ok fine,maybe i'm pushing the truth.....but he still sucks ass...*

and,what do you think about these kind of people?

I've been playing for 6 years and I don't know how to shred. Do I suck?
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
i didn't wanna say anything but i can eat a hot dog like you wouldn't believe!
Quote by MASTER JiMMY
Stop failing, and things will work out.
Quote by smb
Not everyone wants to be Steve Vai. I'm happy enough just being able to play my favourite songs.

i agree with this. i've been playing for 3.5 years and i don't think "shredding" is that great. i'm not really into the whole sweeping thing even though i can barely do that myself. i'm a Zep fan, thats how i play.
I don't know what Hey there Delilah is, I'm assuming it's mainstream and therefore garbage and simple. Most guitarists suck, they pick up guitar purely for the purpose of becoming more popular and having a better chance at getting laid. Deal with it.
Quote by NoobOnZone
and he is freaking slow...he barely knows how to shred

Since when has shredding been the end-all-be-all of playing guitar? He's been playing for a year and doesn't know how to shred. Big ****ing deal.
I've been playing for 7 years, and I can shred pretty well.
BUT - an awesome melody > shredding.
Id take some Plain White Tees* over Steve Vai any day. That guy wanks.

*I hate the Plain White Tees
its 1:56 am and i just ate 6 chocolate chip cookies in not even near as many minutes
If he does make a big fuss about playing 'Hey There Delilah' then yea, the guy's probably a douche but, if he's slow and just plays the same song, I don't think it's really wrong.

Maybe that song is his forte?
HI GUYS!
Who really f ucking cares about anything thing regarding what you've stated, threadstarter? How old are you, 12?
Quote by NoobOnZone
he barely knows how to shred

speed isint skill dumb a$$
Quote by Pilots
Discrepancy: While at 110 KIAS and 35 deg AOB with full right pedal, trims would not keep helicopter in correct Outer roll loop.

Corrective action:
Could not duplicate on ground. 11A799. NPPC
Quote by NoobOnZone
its the friggin pit boy,get out of here if you don't like threads like these

The forum is no excuse to voice your complete irrationalness and incompetence towards the subject.
Quote by Namenotchosen09
Since when has shredding been the end-all-be-all of playing guitar? He's been playing for a year and doesn't know how to shred. Big ****ing deal.

I've been playing for about 4 years and I still can't shred.

then again, I've never tried because I've never wanted to. I've played acoustic almost exclusively
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
Shredding is overrated. It's fun... but not very practical in most genres. Unless of course your playing metal, and stuff.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.