Ok, so since i am going to be getting a new guitar, i am tihnking of tricking out my Epi SG Special. Right now it is just plain Red with no pickguard. I was thinking of changing the pain job on it (just to top) and slightly burning the Lynyrd Skynyrd Logo onto it, since they are my favorite band. You stripping the pain off the top affect it that much?

Ohh yeah...post your input on what you think would look cool.
Hello
Put some nice seymore duncan humbuckers [UR L=http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/electric/humbucker/cutting-edge/blackouts/]here
you failed at that... ...

well but the idea with the seymour duncan humbuckers isn't bad, do that!
Quote by _-=Ali C=-_
i do it a lot. ill be playin somethin and i forget to close my mouth... sometimes its really bad, slobber everywhere. i goes mostly over the neck, on the higher frets, and its really hard to get out from under the strings.
Eh, if i swap pups i am not going to get actives. The only thing I like about them is looks. Thanks for the input though.
Hello
spinners, in the centre of the body, or an ant farm!

seriously though, i would jsut get a nice black pickguard and maybe some nice pickups, I'm not one for band logo's, its like getting a tattoo. you might think its a good idea but one day you might decide that you dont really like them as much any more and your stuck with it.
Quote by polargimp
spinners, in the centre of the body, or an ant farm!

seriously though, i would jsut get a nice black pickguard and maybe some nice pickups, I'm not one for band logo's, its like getting a tattoo. you might think its a good idea but one day you might decide that you dont really like them as much any more and your stuck with it.

Yeah, thats true. The only problem with the pick guard is that they dont make a Pickguard for the Epi SG Special, and If i bought a G-400 pickguard it wouldnt fit cause my HB's are further apart than the usual ones. I know that you mean by the band logo. Maybe i will do a sweet paint job.
Hello
Sweet paint job. A color that the guitar does not come in. Have a autobody shop paint it so it comes out good. Pick a color you like that is not common.
How much do you think it would cost?? Actually, i have two neighbors that paint cars professionally, and would probably do it for pretty cheap. Any ideas on colors?
Hello
Blue flame top?
Quote by Ed Hunter
The only time I'd want to touch a 500 degrees frying pan is to set my hand on fire and punch someone in the face.

Quote by Captain Insano
Soulja boy! They stole his gold.
Robbed his Jacket now he's cold!

YOU! Steal from Soulja boy.

*sings over crank that*
paint it like, straight black gloss with bright gold trim and somehow paint your hardware the same gold. and get a bigsby in the same gold colour. Then paint the headstock a straight black gloss with the same gold trim around the edges, like the Gibson Les Paul Classic Custom: http://www.gibson.com/en%2Dus/divisions/gibson%20usa/products/lespaul/lespaulclassiccustom/
but also paint the indents on the side, where it curves in, the gold colour too...

then get a pickguard in either that gold colour or a straight black with a thin gold line running around it just big enough to see it from a short distance..

that is what you should do
That would be effin sweet! That LP is one of my dream guitars. Always has!
Hello
glad you liked my idea:P... that LP looks gorgeous, and i think it would look oh so fancy on an SG...
Yeah, but where do you think i should put the binding when it is tapered on the curve
Hello
Does anybody know if i could paint the neck satin black? How would i go about doing it?
Hello
if i were you i'd go do some sort of white design. maybe like a white with a handcut celluloid pickguard
Arbor A410 Bass
Dinosaur 20 Watt Bass Amp
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt
Squier Bullet

Excuse me sir, have you been thinking tonight?
Whats a celluloid pickguard? \

And yeah, i dont think i'm going to to the black and gold idea, cause i cant out a binding on my SG cause it is beveled
Hello
A ****in Flamethrower
Quote by justinrobbins7
*unzipppp* "Deal with this, wench."

Quote by Mazzakazza
Ug Knows 1000% More About Scrotal Sacs Than Real Doctors.
Hm Let Me Investigate. You Has The Painful Scroties? You Has Aids.
Next Plz.