I'm pretty sure that I'm getting a Randall RH150G3 head, but not quite so sure about the cab. The head's got a lot of low end, and I'm kinda wanting to utilize that sound but still be able to keep a Killswitch or Poison the Well lead tone (kinda diff., I know). The cab I'm looking at is a Randall RS125CX with 2 12" Eminence speakers above a single 15" Eminence below, which is supposed to take control of the bass-y sound a bit. Anyone out there have one to share some personal experience or a better suggestion? Trying to keep it around $450 or so.
Just because you're paranoid
Don't mean they're not after you

My stuff:
Fender Jag-stang
Schectar Tempest
Randall RH150G3
ProCo Rat
Boss MD-2 Mega Distortion
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone
Dunlop Crybaby
I've never personally heard that cab but judging from what you say it has I don't see how you could go wrong. I'd go for it just because it had that 15 in it. lol
The head isn't very good, but the cabinet is. IMO
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
From what I've read, the cab is a decent one. However, I've read many things about the super bassy RH150G3, so a cab with a 15" in it would probably slay your entire family...

You might consider picking up a 212 cab from Avatar - you'll pay almost the same price, but get a HUGE upgrade in speaker quality.
"If you tell anybody about these trees.. I WILL CUT YOU!!" - Bob Ross

Gear
Ibanez RG470 | '87 Peavey Predator LMT
Peavey 5150!! | Vader 212!! | Crate GLX65
MXR Dime Dist | Crybaby | Boss TU-80 | ISP Decimator

My Band - Under the Blade
I just checked up on some amp company called Bugera...anybody know anything? And the 150 is just fine for the stuff that I'm playing now...300 only increases it by 3 decibals, even with the extra watts

My stuff:
Fender Jag-stang
Schectar Tempest
Randall RH150G3
ProCo Rat
Dunlop Crybaby
Quote by The Faded Line
You might consider picking up a 212 cab from Avatar - you'll pay almost the same price, but get a HUGE upgrade in speaker quality.

Nothing wrong with Eminence. If the Avatar you are thinking about comes with V30's you won't get the warmth of the low end like you would with Legends or Governor's.

That Randall cab will probably suit the head well. I have the same head and decided to build a cab because I wanted quality speakers and good build for a lower price - not recommended for everyone, though.
Quote by Pontius
I just checked up on some amp company called Bugera...anybody know anything? And the 150 is just fine for the stuff that I'm playing now...300 only increases it by 3 decibals, even with the extra watts

There's a thread or two floating around here about the Bugera - a cheaper exact rip-off of the EVH 5150/6505 II/+

Also, agreed about the not needing the 300W. I haven't played through either, but increasing the wattage to 300 isn't going to give you much more sound/volume wise. You'll never need that much juice!

Gear

Hmm...if an exact rip-off sounds pretty much the same as a much more expensive yet versatile amp, then I'd be willing to take the Tokai-like company for a spin. Don't they deal through Behringer?

My stuff:
Fender Jag-stang
Schectar Tempest
Randall RH150G3
ProCo Rat
Dunlop Crybaby
Quote by Pontius
Hmm...if an exact rip-off sounds pretty much the same as a much more expensive yet versatile amp, then I'd be willing to take the Tokai-like company for a spin. Don't they deal through Behringer?

Yes, the two companies are not related, but Behringer is the only supplier that is carrying their product. The reviews are great on the head thus far, but since they are brand new, nobody knows about reliability...

Gear