i just picked a blueridge acoustic that sounds great yet the action is too high would putting lighter gauge strings lower it a bit or would i have to bring to the shop
#4 of fender armada WOOTWOOT
you'll probably have to take it in to the shop. haven heard of different strings altering the action.
well would it releve tension on the neck but ill probaly bring to the shop
#4 of fender armada WOOTWOOT
over time, yeah it'll affect the neck. But not enough, not in the way you are thinking.

Strings WILL affect action if you switch to a gauge of string the guitar isn't equipped to handle, but usually you need to do one of two things:

Adjust the truss rod in the kneck of the guitar (for minor fixes)
Adjust the bridge of the guitar (for major fixes)

Either way a Luthier or Guitar shop will be able to help you out. Just remember, if you are having action problems, truss rod might be your first solution. If not take it to the shop, the strings are only an addition to the action problem.

Hope that helps
^ No. No. No. The truss rod need not be adjusted for action.

The solution is sanding down your saddle. If you feel comfortable doing it yourself, here are the directions:

http://frets.com/FRETSPages/Musician/Guitar/Setup/LowerAction/loweraction01.html

Otherwise, take it to a shop and have them set it up for you. The guy i do business with charges $55 for a complete setup.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
Quote by phillyguitar
over time, yeah it'll affect the neck. But not enough, not in the way you are thinking.

Strings WILL affect action if you switch to a gauge of string the guitar isn't equipped to handle, but usually you need to do one of two things:

Adjust the truss rod in the kneck of the guitar (for minor fixes)
Adjust the bridge of the guitar (for major fixes)

Either way a Luthier or Guitar shop will be able to help you out. Just remember, if you are having action problems, truss rod might be your first solution. If not take it to the shop, the strings are only an addition to the action problem.

Hope that helps

You, my friend, truely need to read this:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=622232