Is it going to be worth the price for a band thats starting out. i also going to get a sline 6 spyder 75 watt .

I <3 pie
the G310 is fine, but do not get the line 6 spider, its just an overblown practice amp, it will not sound good in a band situation.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
nono, please don't buy the line 6 spider, you'll regret it, it's just a crappy piece of cables, a speaker, sum electric crap and plastic... not an amp.. ... so PLEASE DON'T BUY IT!!!!

edit: so i herd u liek mudkips?!
Quote by _-=Ali C=-_
i do it a lot. ill be playin somethin and i forget to close my mouth... sometimes its really bad, slobber everywhere. i goes mostly over the neck, on the higher frets, and its really hard to get out from under the strings.
Instead of just saying the amp is crap, suggest something else for gods sake.

You really will regret getting that spider, I would suggest you take a look at Roland Cube 30X and 60X or Vox AD30VT/AD50VT.
I have the Cube 30 and it is a VERY good practice amp, also the 60 version will be good for bands and small gigs.
Quote by VivaLaJam
Instead of just saying the amp is crap, suggest something else for gods sake.

i actually forgot to ask for budget - its no use suggesting an amp if you have no idea what price range to look in - was going to edit it in, but got dragged away for a few minutes to drink tea. its genetic

What is your budget? similar but better amps in the same price range as the spider are as VivaLaJam suggested. But depending on your budget, you could get a reasonable tube combo, which imo would be better for gigging.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
People have dealt with the amp issue, so I'll touch on the guitar:

No, A G310 isn't any good. A G400 doesn't cost much more, and is far superior.
The 310 is bolt-on construction, alder body, cheaper hardware, and comes with much worse chinese-wound pickups. It has a much brighter sound (such as a HSS Strat), and much less sustain.

The G400 is solid mahogany, set neck, better hardware, and comes with the slightly better korean-wound pickups (though you'd still want to change them anyway, I imagine). It's got a more average tone (between a Gibson SG and a Gibson LP), more sustain, and the sheer build quality is far superior.

Considering the tiny price difference but the huge change in quality, I'm amazed they even bother making the 310 at all.
^ What he said. I'd definately save my skrill a few more weeks and get the G-400.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
G310 is a piece of crap, don't bother. Save for the G400 or better still look elsewhere, the Ibanez AX series is particularly good.

The Spider is fine as a low-volume practice amp but sounds awful anywhere else, so go for a Cube (good for cleans and modern sounds) or Vox AD (great for Rock, blues etc, not stunning for metal). Maybe even get an Epiphone Valve Junior - no controls or overdrive as sch but a much better tone that'll make you focus on playing well rather than using tons of gain and .effects
Quote by bokuho
People have dealt with the amp issue, so I'll touch on the guitar:

No, A G310 isn't any good. A G400 doesn't cost much more, and is far superior.
The 310 is bolt-on construction, alder body, cheaper hardware, and comes with much worse chinese-wound pickups. It has a much brighter sound (such as a HSS Strat), and much less sustain.

The G400 is solid mahogany, set neck, better hardware, and comes with the slightly better korean-wound pickups (though you'd still want to change them anyway, I imagine). It's got a more average tone (between a Gibson SG and a Gibson LP), more sustain, and the sheer build quality is far superior.

Considering the tiny price difference but the huge change in quality, I'm amazed they even bother making the 310 at all.

+1 sir

My 310's neck is at the wrong angle (therefore giving it an action only good for LAP GUITAR) , it buzzes uncontrollably, doesnt sound very good, and one of the frets is half not hammered in. Therefore, I don't even bother using it. I may just take it apart to see what it looks like on the inside.

hell, my squier's gonna last longer!

Epi Les Pauls (standard and up) are pretty good too.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Feb 22, 2008,
budget is 500-600$$ for amp+ guitar. im 12, don't got alot of cash
The Hagstrom F-200 is a *much* better choice than an Epiphone G400.

A better guitar across the board.

What type of music will you be playing?

Xaviere makes some excellent guitars for a very cheap price.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Agile sounds like the geetar for you.

Paired with a roland cube would be nice.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
He's starting a band.

The Microcube isn't going to cut it.

We need to know what type of music he's going to play.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.