They are selling these on eBay right now for a "knockdown" price, and it is claimed they are made in the Tokai factory (country unspecified). They look nice but are they going to be near Tokai, or Fender Mexican quality? If they are then I might just buy one of each but I don't fancy getting ripped off.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/50S-UNBRANDED-STYLE-STRATOCASTER-BABY-BLUE_W0QQitemZ280201426600QQihZ018QQcategoryZ112670QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/50S-UNBRANDED-STYLE-TELECASTER_W0QQitemZ270212451548QQihZ017QQcategoryZ112670QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Any help appreciated.
seem rather cheap to be as good as japanese tokais, as thats what u want, a japanese one

to be honest, i think its unlikely they are made in the same factory, otherwise why not brand em tokais and sell them as tokais are popular

oh, i can see some scratches over the guitars i think as well, hard to tell tho
Probaly made in china iv got a tokai usg 35 thats made there. Its still very good quality my friend whose been playing for 7 years and plays a fender strat was impressed with it.
Although it was slightly more than the above guitars (£199)
I like looks of the Strat. Cool colour, nicely tinted neck, and a regular looking headstock with no cheesy name on it. One thing I don't like is that the screws on both the front and back plate looks to be on somewhat different places than on a Fender, so you'd have to at least drill new holes for these parts to be interchangeable. In fact, I'd say that they are indeed on the same places as on the Tokai models, if memory serves me right.

Quote by Snapple
to be honest, i think its unlikely they are made in the same factory, otherwise why not brand em tokais and sell them as tokais are popular

Actually, this happens all the time, that gear for several different brands are made in one factory. Cort is another brand which comes to mind, they make guitars for a lot of other brands than their own, such as for Ibanez.