Hello everyone,

I've been playing guitar for about five to six years now. Ive played with a squier standard strat which ran be about two hundred bucks. Learned quite a lot on that guitar, and its never given me any problems.. I do plan to purchase a new guitar in the future though. Right now, Im playin through a Yamaha 25 watt that my friend gave me, and sure I do licks and solo on it, but its just not workin' for me. Recently I've plugged my guitar up to some of my friends amps and it sounds great, no complaints. I played through a Marhsall, Crate, Peavy, and my personal fav Fender Hot Rod (cant afford that though). Just the other day, I played a 60 watt Hughes and Kettner (Blue Edition) through a few guitars at my local guitar shop, i used high priced ones and low priced guitars to just to see what the effect would be, and they both sounded fine (im not too much of a snob, give me anything, and ill play it).My friend recently just bought one, and he brought it over the other day before our afternoon classes. I tested the clean and the overdrive and it sounded fine. My guitar produced good quality sound with it. It ran him 300 bucks (no footswitch). I was wondering if theres anything out there that would be a good investment. I need something loud enough to get over drums, and thats 300 dollars. I dont really play to use pedals or anything of that nature. (except wah). So I just need something that will fufill my needs. I play mostly blues, funk and ska, and some punk.
peavey classic 30?

i think thats around that price maybe a bit more. im not entirely sure check gc

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

wow so wrong there sorry

you can get one used for 300 =\ sorry for the mislead

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

hahah mg stacks are better than a 30 watt tube. hahah. Funny stuff. I played a hughes switch blade the other day. 100 watt tube. lol. Ridiculous. I put an ESP, Ibanez and Fender, then an affinity strat, that thing was quite awesome in there. No lie. Wish i had 2000 bucks to slam down for a new amp, sadly im a college student with no money hahaha. Ill check out my local shop they had some used stuff, and they sell it cheap. I just need something that will give me a good sound for now. I liked the Hughes, I just feel there are more options out there. I checked out a Fender Frontman 65 watt, it had some good reviews, but i dunno. Any more suggestions?
Nothing gig-worthy new for that price. Maybe check used as suggested. I would try to go with a tube combo 15 watts minimum. If you have to go solid-state check the Peavey Transtubes, the only solid-state in current manufacture (in your budget) that I would not be ashamed to gig with. Might pick up one of those used for less than your budget.
Well, I really dont plan on gigging. I used to play in a ska/punk band, and I used a ****in crate 120watt. To be honest, it was fine not the best, but on a whole other note I'm not too sure I'm gonna start a band again and gig. I would just like to jam with my friends for the most part.
That transtube series is pleasing. Ive heard a lot of good things about peavey.
I am just wonderin. Am I making a good decision to upgrade my amp, before my guitar. I've improved a lot of the years and I feel that buying a nice solid sounding amp will be a better choice. No?
Quote by LaneO
I am just wonderin. Am I making a good decision to upgrade my amp, before my guitar. I've improved a lot of the years and I feel that buying a nice solid sounding amp will be a better choice. No?

Yes, most of your tone comes from your amp.

You like your guitar right? why change it if you like it, but you dont like your current amp right?
Its a logical decision to upgrade your amp that you dont like to a better amp then upgrade a guitar you like anyway.

+Adam+
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.