Im looking to buy a half-stack and just recently came across this kind of amp. At first, I thought "O its just Fender trying to be Metal" but after reviews this thing seems actually really good. Surprisingly I've never heard of this brand before. But anyways does anybody own or have played this thing before? I would just like to get some more insight on it.
Never used one myself, but I've seen nothing but good reviews for 'em.

And they're LOUD.
I have never played one myself, but from what I've read on here (except for this thread) I've only heard bad things about it.

Same with MG.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
I've heard of the fender metalhead range but i've never seen or played through one so i can't give you any advice on whether its any good or not, but the reviews on this site tell you the marshall MG is a good amp... so you should approach with caution unless you can try one out.

edit: dsubstanceuk - why are you persistently telling him to get a Marshall MG halfstack?

considering that the halfstack is no better than the £50 MG10CD... just bigger and moar wattz!!

edit again: oh right, sarcasm has become more obvious seeing the post below...
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Last edited by Blompcube at Feb 22, 2008,
A good friend of mine has one and loves it. It sounds very good for a SS amp, but it still sounds like a SS amp. It has a lot of power so it can compete in a mix with just about any tube amp, and it has enough headroom to prevent the nasty clipping often associated with SS power amps. I think all of the distortion comes from the preamp.

I personally wouldn't have one as I'm quite partial to tube amps, and I don't think that the MH is worth the price that Fender is asking. It seems like it might not be a bad idea for a touring band if the guitar player wants consistent tone more than he wants awesome tone and doesn't want to worry about burning out tubes.

EDIT: to the guy pressing the MG issue: it's really not funny and it's quite irritating.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Last edited by Kendall at Feb 22, 2008,
Quote by dsubstanceuk
no dnt worry about the reviews, the mg is the best amp u can get. marshall made them for gitarists like kerry king and zakk wylde. the distortion is amazing, and it's better than stupid tube amps. solid state is the best even dimebag i s one.

do my eyes deceive me, wtf, someone please, tell me I'm not reading this
Am I missing the sarcasm in this thread? The MG half stack is an oversized practice amp.
...to give your love no matter what is what she said...
Quote by dsubstanceuk
no dnt worry about the reviews, the mg is the best amp u can get. marshall made them for gitarists like kerry king and zakk wylde. the distortion is amazing, and it's better than stupid tube amps. solid state is the best even dimebag i s one.

Can you PLEASE stop trolling?
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by dsubstanceuk
im just tring to give this guy good advice.

No you're not. If you were trying to give advice, you're opinion might have been backed up with some degree of logical reasoning. You sir, do indeed fail.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Ok first of all, I play right now with a MG cuz im borrowing it from a friend and don't like it. It's not bad but lacks teh punch I need so stop. Second I do own the MT-MetalZone pedal.

To restate: I AM NOT GOING TO BUY THE MARSHALL MG
Quote by ltmusicman
Im looking to buy a half-stack and just recently came across this kind of amp. At first, I thought "O its just Fender trying to be Metal" but after reviews this thing seems actually really good. Surprisingly I've never heard of this brand before. But anyways does anybody own or have played this thing before? I would just like to get some more insight on it.

Honestly you can get more bang for your buck elsewhere. On MF they're wanting $999 for just the head, which is solid state! And $799 for the cab. You could snag a used Mesa for that kind of money and be much happier!

Seriously, shop around if that's your price range tubes are the way to go.

DS

PS - Stop the MG crap already. It's not funny...
Irrelevant quote from obscure person
Obnoxious statement regarding size of e-ween
Italicized text indicating bandwagoning masquerading as deep thought
ASCII graphic that will take over the world if you put one in your signature
Made up statistic
O dang I thought that they were chargin $1000 for the stack. Alright thanks guys. I'll shop around some more.
Do not ever buy an amp based on reviews. Go and try them. This has already been said but it needs emphasis, so allow me to be rude: DO NOT BUY ANY MUSICAL INSTRUMENT (OR ANYTHING ELSE) BASED SOLEY ON REVIEWS!
I have not played the Metalhead, but I would not trust it, and not because its solid-state, but because Fender has a long history of producing great Country and Western, Pop and Classic Rock/Blues amps, but I have never heard of anyone raving about how great Fenders are for metal. By all means try it. Here is my mini-review of MG's: I tried them and violently disliked them. Use the search function to see why. Good luck and forgive my certitude.
The Metalhead sounds like a shrill tinny POS. I have played one and heard clips. It is a horrible sounding amp...
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Quote by hans the lefty
the krank he helped design is a valve amp

I suppose you're talking about Dimebag, most of his career he used SS Randalls. He switched to Krank like 2 months before he died or something.