Page 1 of 5
WELCOME TO S.VI - Competition Idea Thread!

If you need any information as to the way a certain contest is run, read up here: Contest Info Thread

This is your first step to running your own competition. Put forth your idea here and have it plunged into the depths of hell, or perhaps you'll get a thumps up and an OK from your peers.

Post your ideas in as much detail as possible, like so:

Comp title
Basic synopsis - A short description of your idea
Any special rules - If pieces have to be in a certain format, e.g. sonnet
proposed amount of entrants
any final details - If the comp starter provides a list of options for the contestants, a-la a list of movies to choose from.

At this point other users might suggest changes to your outlines. However, if your idea is denied then it is for a good reason, please do not be disheartened, revamp it and try again.
Filth, pure filth... That's what you are.
Last edited by The Hurt Within at Feb 22, 2008,
I'll get the N. America vs World comp going in a couple weeks. That way the current comps will be well under way already.
Quote by Bleed Away
^Unfortunetely that will happen unless if we make it about a politician only from 10 years ago or before.

What's the point of hating a politician from 10 years ago?
Hating Nixon never gets old.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

I'm sure it is possible, and can work. Just depends if everyone wants to do it. :/
Filth, pure filth... That's what you are.
16 songwriters in four groups. Each person will have a one on one against the other, one day long poll.

Everyone sends a piece in for the first round, and I set up like three/four matches a day.
After those 24 group games have finished, the top two go to the next round which will be two day one on ones. Then semi finals, then a final.

Can I do? A pure songwriting comp.
I think that someone needs to do a dark lyrics comp. Guys who write dark lyrics always get bashed in the other comps so it's only fair that they have a division of their own.
This is Bob. Bob likes sharp things. Bob likes you. I suggest you run from Bob.

I wish my grass was Emo so it would cut itself.
Quote by HardAsButter
I think that someone needs to do a dark lyrics comp. Guys who write dark lyrics always get bashed in the other comps so it's only fair that they have a division of their own.

And what, according to you, classifies as dark lyrics?
Quote by HardAsButter

That's because dark lyrics usually suck and sound angsty.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Quote by HardAsButter

That should be alright. It's not my thing personally, but I'm sure you'd find others to join. You might have to get it going yourself though. And as was mentioned, you'd have to clarify on what you consider to be "dark" lyrics, and whether or not it's strictly for lyrics or if poetry would be accepted too.

If you're not sure about how to run a competition then feel free to ask someone.
Quote by bassbeat77
I'll get the N. America vs World comp going in a couple weeks. That way the current comps will be well under way already.

I'm going to wait for this since the Grand Championship will be starting any time now. That way we won't have two big comps running at the same time. Once the GC is done then I'll get it going. Until then I might run something smaller.
a comp where only people in the lower tier can enter. and have up to 10-12 participants. poems, songs [anything other than short stories] could be entered.
think this might work?
baSs_[iN]_ya_faCe
Quote by Arthur Curry
we should have a competition where the competitors have to be drunk.

+1

Or intoxicated in some way. And to prove this, they must take a picture with whatever it is they have while it's there, and again once it's gone (verification will mostly come from how the person looks before and after ).

I think this could be a very fun competition if it could work
powermetal lyric competition!!
Story line based
No theme restrictions
Must be indicated as to structure of song
Jackson RR3 - BKP Painkiller/Warpig
Bugera 333XL 212
Pod Studio UX1
MXR Smart Gate
Hardwire CM-2
Well I think we could use another comp going now. We haven't had a Name Drop Comp in a while. Anyone have a problem with me starting one?

For anyone who doesn't know, a Name Drop Comp is when you're given a list of about 10 or 12 slightly obscure words that all have to appear in your piece. The piece length may be limited too.

I'll get it up soon.
Quote by Arthur Curry
we should have a competition where the competitors have to be drunk.

Arthur Curry has bright ideas. I'm sure we could find 8 people to do this. Rules: gotta get stinking, crying, destructively drunk. Then write a poem. Although I'd be in even if we only had to do the first part.

love is a dog from hell.

I second the drunk comp. I've already posted one ridiculous drunk rambling on here before...why not another?
my money's on chris if this gets approved although I don't know much about others drinking habits
Anatomy Anatomy
Whale Blue Review

Park that car
Drop that phone
Sleep on the floor
Dream about me
would it be only for drunks or does any sort of intoxacation count?
baSs_[iN]_ya_faCe
Comp to write a bond theme for the newest film, "Quantum of solace" and with it you write the artist who would sing it.

Can I set it up?
Quote by Arthur Curry
whatever you want compadre.

set that **** up!!!
baSs_[iN]_ya_faCe
Quote by Arthur Curry
whatever you want compadre.

How could we make this work though? I can think of two or three ways, don;t know which would be best though.

Easiest is to just have all the competitors take a series of photos during the night when they write the poem, ie, one photo of the drinks, photo of themselves pre drinks, then a photo halfway through, then a photot whe they are drunk, then when they are hammered, then one of the piece of paper they wrote on etc. Anyone who didn't get blind drunk would only be cheating themselves, but the photos would be entertaining anyway

Or we could have videos of the competitors reading the poems while hammered, and a video fo them downing a drink or two? Just to set the scene.

Any other ideas? I will set this up if a few people can agree on a structure.

love is a dog from hell.

Page 1 of 5