I'm a total noob when it comes to acoustic (-electric) guitars, but my school finally started up its guitar program, so I need a decent acoustic-electric, and I'm on a slight budget of $300-400. I talked to a few people, and most recommended me more expensive instruments. Since I have guitar center gift cards, I most likely will be purchasing it from there.

Right now i'm almost sold on the Ibanez EW30ASE http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-EWC30ASERLG-EXOTIC-WOOD-SERIES-Acoustic-Electric-Guitar-512324-i1172548.gc

I have two questions.
1. Does anybody have any experience with this guitar, and can tell me about its tone, playabillity, etc... I have tried it out but being new to acoustics means i don't really know what to look for.

2. Are there better acoustic-electrics in the $300-400 price range that you can recommend me?

Thanks a lot
1. Why does it need to be acoustic electric?
2. Check best guitars for <$300 thread.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
Alvarez RD8C is a good choice as well.

Member of the No-Testicle Club! PM gangster-dolly to join!

Founder of the 'I'm Abstaining From Sex Until Marriage And Damn Proud Of It!' Club. PM me to join!
if you buy electric acoustic, go for the full $400. I have an Art & Lutherie Cedar CW with Q1 Godin electronics. It works very well plugged in and unplugged. sounds like a beauty. you should check it out.