i was at the place i go to for my guitar lessons and we have to sign in when we show up. so im trying to balance my guitar, notebook, and write my name down. my guitar slips from my hand and everything went into slow motion. i dropped my notebook and reached for the guitar as it fell. my fingers lightly scraped the strings so i heard six open strings and the head crashed to the ground taking off one of the tuning knobs. this can be repaired though right? how much would that cost me? I play an Epiphone SG.
You are not even worth to hold a guitar in your whole life again..
A message to all readers: I’m a cynical, satirical, sadistic, heartless, sardonic, mocking, demotivating, derisive, scathing, contemptuous, disdainful, scornful and condescending guy. And I love it.

Quote by Amalgam
I like this guy's thinking.
Did it rip out a chunk of wood around the tuning peg? You'll probably need it glued back on if that would work. Failing that, a new neck or headstock, either would be expensive.
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
You should have pretended you did it on purpose and yelled "yeah, fuck you guitar!" and everyone would have thought you were way hardcore.
i would just buy a new guitar :P

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Quote by roythereaper
Did it rip out a chunk of wood around the tuning peg? You'll probably need it glued back on if that would work. Failing that, a new neck or headstock, either would be expensive.

Quote by PinguinLeader
You are not even worth to hold a guitar in your whole life again..

*hangs head in shame*

no its just the tuning peg. the shaft broke.
I think someone needs a hug. *hug*
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
You'll probably pay about £5 for a new tuning peg. It probably won't cost too much to have it put in.
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
Quote by roythereaper
You'll probably pay about £5 for a new tuning peg. It probably won't cost too much to have it put in.

i live in the states. i honestly dont even know what monetary unit that is. i heard i would have to replace all six.
Quote by deathbat831
i live in the states. i honestly dont even know what monetary unit that is. i heard i would have to replace all six.

£5 is about $10. You would only need to replace the broken one.
Got on the bus with me daysavaaaa
You're looking at about $50 (£25) for a set of Gibson heads (couldn't find a price on Epiphone, they'll probably be cheaper than Gibson but hey, if you're doing the work anyway, you may as well improve the guitar at the same time, right?)
I don't think they are generaly available to buy on their own so it looks like you'll have to buy a full set, but ask at your local music shop, they may have some spares hanging around.
ok. thanks for all your help.
and the hug. now i feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside. does that mean im having a stroke?
Quote by deathbat831
ok. thanks for all your help.
and the hug. now i feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside. does that mean im having a stroke?

Nah, it means you've wet your pants, it'll feel cold in a short while.
Quote by deathbat831
^im already there man

I bet you were when you dropped the guitar.
Once you get the parts, do the job yourself rather than pay someone else to do it. It's an absolute doddle to change the machine heads as long as the crews come out cleanly.
It wouldnt have hurt to just put the guitar down while you sign in?

I guess you wished you had done that now huh...

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
My Gibson has fell tons of times. Just minor damage to the headstock is all. Still plays and sounds great. Built like a beast.
You could've saved a lot of "despair" and money by just putting down your guitar and notebook and doing one thing at once. Don't try to multitask unless you have two X chromosomes.
hue
Quote by deathbat831

FYI, £ = Pound (GBP)
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
eh you could get decent ones for about $20 or $30 for the whole set....

you could just put it in yourself... or you could like upgrade and change all the tuning machines... its not that hard to do
wow that sucks. but it sounds like it wouldn't be too hard to fix.

*drops guitar*

*slow motion* NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.