Hi guitar people!

I've decided to get a new guitar, my old one is by a nordic mark called Eastone.
really ****ty

My style of playing is very melodic, Neil Zaza and gary moore, but also Iron Maiden and Van halen, so the new guitars got to be an allround guitar.
I've looked up guitars for a while now, the price limit will be 400 dollars, so i have found mostly two guitars im interested in

Cort x-11
http://www.cort.co.kr/english/products/common/view.asp?product_id=130
and, of course
Epiphone les paul
http://www.epiphone.com/default.asp?ProductID=42&CollectionID=6

I just want to know which one of these in your opinions is best, or if there is another guitar you would recommend for my style of playing.
THANKS Y'ALL
At that price range look used for a MIJ Ibanez, Charvel, Jackson, or maybe some other MIJ Floyd Rose equipped Strat, as what you'll find new isn't probably going to be very high quality.
Thanks so much, but hagstrom just looks like ales paul copy, just like epiphone, but does that mean that hagstrom deos a better coby then epi?
Well have ya heard anything about the Cort x-11? Ya gotta admit, its freakin hot!
I'd look at a stop tail Ibanez

EDIT:

Quote by SmoothCriimiina
Thanks so much, but hagstrom just looks like ales paul copy, just like epiphone, but does that mean that hagstrom deos a better coby then epi?
Well have ya heard anything about the Cort x-11? Ya gotta admit, its freakin hot!

I had a look, It's basically a super strat style.
Floyd Rose: It only says double locking, I'm guessing liscenced, so, it won't be the best of quality and may crap out after a while.
Pickups: EMG HZ, these should be good for heavy stuff/rock, more versatile than active EMG's, but not as high quality.

Nice paintjob though
Last edited by joeymaxx at Feb 22, 2008,
Quote by joeymaxx
I'd look at a stop tail Ibanez

EDIT:

I had a look, It's basically a super strat style.
Floyd Rose: It only says double locking, I'm guessing liscenced, so, it won't be the best of quality and may crap out after a while.
Pickups: EMG HZ, these should be good for heavy stuff/rock, more versatile than active EMG's, but not as high quality.

Nice paintjob though

yeah, the paintjob at the cort is awesome, but can you point me to a guitar that is kinda alround, but more rock style, and doesnt cost over 400 dollars? thanks dude
Quote by SmoothCriimiina

The Hagstrom is a Les Paul - style guitar, but it's got a history of its own, and it's a bit different. They started making them in the 1950s in Sweden, stopped in the 80s, and started again a few years ago. Definitely shares a lot with the Les Paul, but it has some differences and I think it's a better "copy" than the Epi. Once you start looking around you'll find that a few companies make better copies than Epi.

Sorry I don't know anything about the Cort....

--- D

I don't have a clue what coby is, but unless it involves microphonic pickup squeal I would bet the Hagstrom does it better....
Feel free to enlighten me if necessary.

EDIT: Ah, copy?
There was me thinking it was some new band or something...

And as the answer above details nicely, Hagstrom is an old make but the name's been revived for a new line of guitars based mostly on original models. They're really very good value, too.
Last edited by kyle62 at Feb 22, 2008,
i'd get the X11. looks pretty sweet
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
I'd advise you to try them both out before you buy, if you can't, read enough reviews to be certain of how good it is.
but by getting a les paul copy, i dont want to get sstuck in the blue rock kinda category, im still kinda interested in shredding, but i've heard that its hard to shred on a les paul.
Please don't get the LP-100. I cannot get my hate for it across to anyone.

It's not even really a Paul!

It's an alder-mahogany sandwich with a bolt on neck! It's an abomination!

Edit: if you want a Les Paul copy that's any good, I'd get an Agile, or save for the Epiphone Les Paul Standard or Custom.

DOUBLE EDIT: You're right, a Les Paul is harder to shred on. Not impossible (Just look at Slash) but it is a lot harder.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Last edited by dudetheman at Feb 22, 2008,
Quote by dudetheman
Please don't get the LP-100. I cannot get my hate for it across to anyone.

It's not even really a Paul!

It's an alder-mahogany sandwich with a bolt on neck! It's an abomination!

Edit: if you want a Les Paul copy that's any good, I'd get an Agile, or save for the Epiphone Les Paul Standard or Custom.

DOUBLE EDIT: You're right, a Les Paul is harder to shred on. Not impossible (Just look at Slash) but it is a lot harder.

+1
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Just a guess but judging by your music tastes i'd say you are looking at a 24 fret guitar with a trem. So, if it really is down to those 2 guitars because of money, i'd go with the Cort. It looks like a nice cross between an Ibanez and a Jackson. I dunno anything about the quality though. I used to think that Cort only made acoustics.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky DK2L
Epiphone LP Standard
Yamaha Acoustic
Bugera 1990 w/ Peavey 2x12 cab
Quote by DZCunuck
Just a guess but judging by your music tastes i'd say you are looking at a 24 fret guitar with a trem. So, if it really is down to those 2 guitars because of money, i'd go with the Cort. It looks like a nice cross between an Ibanez and a Jackson. I dunno anything about the quality though. I used to think that Cort only made acoustics.

Haha this forum is great, people respond in no time at all!

Well yeah, im looking for 24 jumbo frets, with a whammy bar, that you can whammy upwards as well.
It seems like all the players in my rank does buy the epihpone, and i dont wanna be one in the crowd, and i think that the cort x-11 looks nice, and has got nice reviews , but i think its gotta be a reason becaus people choose the epiphone.'
Thanks yall!
Quote by SmoothCriimiina
Haha this forum is great, people respond in no time at all!

Well yeah, im looking for 24 jumbo frets, with a whammy bar, that you can whammy upwards as well.
It seems like all the players in my rank does buy the epihpone, and i dont wanna be one in the crowd, and i think that the cort x-11 looks nice, and has got nice reviews , but i think its gotta be a reason becaus people choose the epiphone.'
Thanks yall!

Better to be in with the crowd than walk away and settle for something sh1t just to be different
Quote by _BucketHead_
Better to be in with the crowd than walk away and settle for something sh1t just to be different

Well i dont think the cort is ****, but if you know something about the cort, please tell me
That Cort looks awesome. The setups from the Indonesian factory are hit and miss though. Get a proffessional setup if you don't want to do it yourself. Having said that, my G250 was setup very nicely (see profile).

You might have some trouble with the floyd rose though, hearing what some people say (never had one myself).

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.