I kinda need a new amp. Playin with a 15 watts at the moment. >.>

I saw a Peavey Valveking 112 for 395 € in the local music store today, is that a good amp for metal? I play mostly Metallica.

And give me some suggestions on cheap but yet good tube amps that are made for metal, have a decent clean channel and that are loud enough to play in a band.

Thank you!
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
Quote by fila_93
And give me some suggestions on cheap but yet good tube amps that are made for metal, have a decent clean channel and that are loud enough to play in a band.

haha you just described the valveking!
Its not really made for metal but it does metallica type metal very well. If you want to go any heavier though your probably gonna want a OD pedal.
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp
Quote by mrxtreme_4
haha you just described the valveking!
Its not really made for metal but it does metallica type metal very well. If you want to go any heavier though your probably gonna want a OD pedal.

Did I?! :O

Because when I tried it, i thought there was too little gain for me...
But I can't afford pedals atm, all I have is a ZoomG2 multieffects.
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
really?
hmmm well I guess different people have different tastes.
I've seen metal players say it have more than enough gain, and some(like you) says there isn't enough.
Back on topic: I don't know how good that zoom is but if you like it maybe you can bring it in and try it with the vk.
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp
Quote by metalscott76
peavy 6505 plus amazing

you really think he's gonna afford that?
Too tired and lazy to bother with a sig, Sorry.
Quote by metalscott76
peavy 6505 plus amazing

The only problem is that the 6505 is like 1400 €....
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
Cheap but good=Valveking. Don't forget the used market. Lots of good things to be had.
Quote by fila_93
Did I?! :O

Because when I tried it, i thought there was too little gain for me...
But I can't afford pedals atm, all I have is a ZoomG2 multieffects.

Ah, but did you play around with the texture knob in the back turning it all the way to "Class A" as well as using the gain boost button?

A lot of people I knew that didn't think it could do metal just haven't played around or utilized the controls all that much and walk off before really working with it.

Still, some people said they need more gain, but to each their own.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."