Hey all, all I couldnt find a similar answer, so here goes :

I have a carvin icon4 bass, which features a blend switch for your two pick-ups. However useful in the studio, i cant do a damn with it live, it just takes too long to rotate it all the way forward or backward, my two most-used settings. So...is it possible to put a 3- or 5- way selector switch in place of my blend knob, and hopefully not need much more drilling? The pick-ups are active/passive switchable if that makes a difference

thanks!
just remove the pot and wire a 3 way toggle switch in its place. the only problem you'll encounter is maybe the hole is too small for a switch and needs to be widened
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
measure the hole's diameter in mm. and try and find one that fits without adjusting hole, just in case you do wanna change back.
GEAR:
Epiphone LP special model 2 (Heavily modded - killswitch and custom midi X-Y touch pad).
Digitech Whammy, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Boss Dynamic Wah, Electro harmonix Little Big Muff, Zoom G7.1ut, Digitech Grunge, Korg KP2.
Marshall AVT 50x