Which amp is better for playing Maiden, JP, Metallica, Megadeth, AC/DC, Ozzy, Motorhead, VH, & Motley, etc. 85% of the time, and more traditional classic rock stuff the rest of the time? I don't like the super-heavy nu-metal stuff.

Thanks.
Also, can you hook up OD/Distortion pedals to these modelling amps....or do you not need to?
Quote by Eddie NYC
Also, can you hook up OD/Distortion pedals to these modelling amps....or do you not need to?

well, first of call you can do it. i haven't tested my AD50VT with an OD/distortion pedal yet but according to a lot of other members on this site modelling amps do not sound good with them, from what i gather you get a very soggy messy tone...
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
I can get really good old school metal tones out of my AD30VT, and still get the awesome low gain and clean tones with the other models. From what I understand, the XL amps don't have as nice cleans.
Fender Classic Player 60s Strat
Washburn HB35
PRS Santana SE
Yamaha Pacifica 112MX
Vox AD30VT
Fender Champion 600
Dunlop wah
Danelectro Cool Cat fuzz
Quote by Eddie NYC

My AD30VT sounds good with my overdrive pedal, sounds terrible with my distortion pedal.
My Gear:
'05 ESP LTD EC-400
'67 Gibson ES-120T (Original)
'05 Vox AD30VT
'65 Fender Deluxe Reverb Black Face (Original)