Hi everyone.
Ok first a bit of history.
I've been playing guitar with 18 years but have always been an acoustic player using it to accompany my songs. Basically your three chord trick man although I do know my way around the frets pretty well and have played bass for a number of years also.
Last year my friend was selling a guitar and amp and as I had some spare cahs lying idle I said why not. So here I am with a beautiful Line 6 vetta and a great Ibanez js100. After a few months of fooling around I got very busy with other commitments and they ended up hidden away in the attic.
A few weeks ago a drummer I used to play with asked me would I be interestd in fronting a new cover band and also playing Rhythm Guitar. Now cover music isn't my sole ambition in life but the money is damn good so I said ok.
So now here I am with my Vetta and JS100 and I'm having lots of fun.
The vetta is an excellent tool for a cover guitarist as it can recreate sounds just like you hear from the origional artist eg. If i'm playing Queen I can use an AC30 or If I'm playing Vertigo by U2 I can use a fender vintage etc...
Now not being very technically minded after years of playing acoustic I'm not very good at setting the amp to the sounds that I want.
I have searched everywhere for a list of song,guitarists and the equivilent vetta settings per song but can't find any.
So if any vetta users here have settings per songs or guitarists please post them here.

Thanks

Murf
I could be wrong, but I think the Line6 website may have lots of downloadable settings for the Vetta. i.e. you plug your amp into your computer and download the settings right onto the amp.

Have a look around their website anyway, as I said, I could be wrong
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
line 6 has this thing called a tone library where you can connect the amp to a pc with the usb chord and then search for an artist/guitar player (and as long as theyre listed) you can click on it and it wil be sent to your amp and your sound will change http://line6.com/customtone/ vetta and vetta II are the same i believe. you may need to download line 6 monkey and gearbox/line 6 edit to get it to work properly. i use this regularly with my pod xt live (the replication hardware without the vetta amp) and it works well you will just need to fine tweak some things.
Quote by loonyguitarist
I could be wrong, but I think the Line6 website may have lots of downloadable settings for the Vetta. i.e. you plug your amp into your computer and download the settings right onto the amp.

Have a look around their website anyway, as I said, I could be wrong

There's no usb socket on the amp to plug into my pc
there should be at least a mini usb connection (looks like a little trapezoid shape) i know my friend has a vetta I and you can update it through line 6 so its up to vetta II specs.