Hi all!!

I started playing guitar about 5 years ago, and was really into it. I got, well, alright, skill wise, jammed with mates, bands etc. Then i had a year of full on study, and hardly touched the axe, just was busy, stresses, all of that. the year after my study (2007), i worked days of up to 14 hours in the electrical industry. It was like i forgot my guitars existed and i ignored them almost completely for 2 years!! (apart from sporadic bursts.)

These days, i've moved ot, i'm studying again, and i have plenty of time and plenty of boredom to kill. But, i just can't seem to rediscover my passion for playing again. i play, and i just get really bored, really quickly. any suggestions on how to make it fun again, and how to get me playing full on again?

much appreciated.

Cheers, Kyle!!
such times come and go, mate. You will just have to force yourself to playing constantly again, and after a few weeks it'll get better.
try something new with your guitar, like if you played rock maybe play blues, or evern(if i must say) metal. or get an acoustic learn some classical stuff. something like that
Cheers guys. Might nip back home for the weekend and hijack the old girls piano. As well as persisting with guitar. Any tips on cartin round a piano in a 4 cylinder subaru!? lol :-P
listen to what inspired you to play in the first place, helped me

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /
/ )' a a `( \
( ( ,---. ) )
THIS WAS MEANT TO BE A PIG
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]
Remember the reason you started playing in the first place, whether it was a certain band or a person, and try listening to them.

^---- LOL You beat me to it
switch from acoustic to electric or vice versa
My Gear:

Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender American Strat
Yamaha Acoustic

Amps:
Peavey Transtube Bandit 112

Effects:
DigiTech rp350 (For Sale)
BOSS RC-20 XL Loop Station
BOSS GT-10

Rock on!
Watch others play. That seems to help me.
"Ultimate"-Guitar is the worst website on the internet. Polluted with unintelligent mongoloids.
How good are you?

I get bored to the point where I get frustrated/bored sometimes trying to play one song.

Other times when I just nail songs, I could play for hours on end.

I think once you reach a stage when you can comfortably play things, you start enjoying playing. Until then you just have to push through and get to that level.

Failing that, just pick it up when you feel like it - guitar doesn't have to be a chore!
Quote by jimtaka
i'd say your guitar is out of tune, or you are accidentally muting strings that you aren't trying to, or your right hand isn't strumming at the same time that your left hand is fretting, or you could be reading the tab upside down...
find people to play with. whenever i has been bored, i got together with some friends that played instruments and we started jammin, after that you may feel better
Yeah. back to basics is the way i guess. Need to start jammin with mates again i think. that always made you wanna practice. dont wanna sound massively **** in front of other people!! The human mind hates humiliation!!
Try rubbing your nipples a bit first. Maybe slowly drag a feather across your nether regions.

Works for me.

...or maybe you're just done with guitar. You could try learning some new techniques and/or theory, experiment with different tunings, or do as I did and just learn a bunch of goofy-ass covers.

Favorite cover = Penny Lane

least favorite = Summer Breeze - that one is a pain in the ass to sing!!!
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

Last edited by Bubonic Chronic at Feb 22, 2008,
get a new piece of gear (pedal or the like)...
Quote by coryklok
My god.

Your username... it's amazing.

Yup.
Dude, start playing a new genre.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
that's pretty much my story exactly. i started playing again religiously about a year ago. i can't remember what sparked my interest, but i think it was hendrix. i think listening to his solos made me want to get good at guitar, so i could play like that.
My Guitars:
One
Two
Quote by The Needles
All the kids in the coffee houses
try to act like they know what loud is
all they know is an electric beat
if you're rockin to this, you'll be rockin with me!
The same thing is happening to me. I'm bored of playing rock/blues and I haven't been able to pick up my guitar for the past week!
The first question I ask myself when something doesn't seem to be beautiful is why do I think it's not beautiful. And very shortly you discover that there is no reason.-John Cage
my names kyle too
i luf da grammer knotziez

gear: (i wanna fit in)
ibanez tbx150r
phase90
lil big muff pi
weeping demon
esp viper100
boss chorus
other junk
Quote by donkey the wise
Well played Sir sFsKroniK
yay m special
2 words:
Guitar Hero, every time I play it or see som1 play it a have an uncontrollable urge to play my guitar
Remind yourself why you started in the first place, and go to some gigs or something.

Start writing your own stuff, too. I've been playing roughly 3 1/2 years, and now writing/recording is what guitar is all about to me. The next step would be to go on stage with my music, but I'm yet to find a group of musicians who want the same.

No matter what, just sitting in your bedroom playing Megadeth riffs gets incredibly tiresome after a while; you have to start doing the things that really made you want to play.
I shall post my favorite Hendrix quote now:

“Sometimes you want to give up the guitar, you'll hate the guitar. But if you stick with it, you're gonna be rewarded.”

Anyways, just find a song you really like, and try to learn it on guitar.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.