So...I just bought a new Laptop on sale from Bestbuy Tuesday. Its a Toshiba Satellite A-215, on sale for $449.99. I think it was regularly $649.99, but im not sure. It has a 120GB HD, 1GB of RAM, a 15.4" Screen...etc etc.

Anyway, when I got it home, I noticed there are two stuck pixels. Once again, this laptop is brand new. One is green, in the center of the screen, maybe an inch above the middle. The other is red, and is in the lower left corner, maybe 2 or so inches from the edge. It didnt bother me at first, but I should have just taken it back right away when I saw it. Now I have all my music transfered from my desktop, which took almost an hour because I used a jump drive, and I have the laptop set up how I want it. I hate to return it and do all that over again.

What should I do? I mean, I wouldnt buy a brand new car with a scratch on it, so should I return it? Is there anything I can do to maybe have them switch the HD with another one when I bring it back so that I wont have to do everything over again? Should I just forget about it, and live with it?

Ive tried all the techniques to fix them, nothing works. Tried the software, doesnt work. Tried massaging it out, doesnt work. Tried tapping it, doesnt work.
Last edited by GLP standard at Feb 22, 2008,
Give it back.
If you buy one thing you want it new.

I bought one LCD and when it came it did with one dead pixel... Now I regret I didnt returned it
Why not return it for a replacement. If they don't have another one in stock take a rain check for the same system.
The folks in the shop you bought it in can't just replace the HD. They will have to send it back to the company that made it. I'd propose you do that. But prepare to be without a computer for at least two weeks.
Hmm...thanks for the replies. Im on the phone with them, and they're saying that they can exchange it, but If I want them to put all my files onto the new one, itll cost $100

F-That...Ill just return it and put all my music on it again. No big deal. Itll take some time, but what the fyck.

How would I go about burning all my songs onto a disc as data, and then putting them onto my laptop when I get it back, and converting them back to MP3?
Last edited by GLP standard at Feb 22, 2008,
Quote by Mach4_PT
Give it back.
If you buy one thing you want it new.

I bought one LCD and when it came it did with one dead pixel... Now I regret I didnt returned it

They wouldn't have taken it back.

LCD manufacturers have a minimum standard on dead pixels, if it's got less than 5 they won't take it back (and the shiiter manufacturers have a higher minimum)

I'm in the same boat, bought a brand now 20" monitor, freakin dead pixel. Nothing can be done about it.
Yeah, I've got a dead pixel on my monitor, but the store wouldn't do anything about it. They probably won't either, but you might as well try.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Quote by GLP standard

So...I just bought a new Laptop on sale from Bestbuy Tuesday. Its a Toshiba Satellite A-215, on sale for $449.99. I think it was regularly $649.99, but im not sure. It has a 120GB HD, 1MB of RAM, a 15.4" Screen...etc etc.

Wow..
take it back.

i would have immediately. even if it seemed like a small problem, its still a problem. if theyre gonna fix it for free, why not do it?
Push your finegr around the dead pixles and the screen gets wavy and it should unstick them

Made by 'The Sloganizer' ----> «The Pit - be prepared.»

Quote by imdeth

"Billy eat your broccolli!"

"Screw you mom!" *raises arms*

PHEAR MA TURRETS!!
Most LCDs I've used responded to a few taps in the area of the stuck pixel. If it's the type of monitor where you can press the actual screen so the colours distort, try tapping the stuck ones gently.

Also, most companies have a policy for dead pixels. You can only take it back if the screen has more than, say, 6.
Quote by freedoms_stain
They wouldn't have taken it back.

LCD manufacturers have a minimum standard on dead pixels, if it's got less than 5 they won't take it back (and the shiiter manufacturers have a higher minimum)

I'm in the same boat, bought a brand now 20" monitor, freakin dead pixel. Nothing can be done about it.

Don't know how it works in your country but in mine (Portugal) in the first 7 days after you bought anything you can take it back without any reason and they have to accept it as long as you didnt ruin anything
Quote by Dabey
Won't they exchange it for a new one?

I called and they said that they dont have any in stock. The closest Best Buy that does, is about 40 miles from the one that I bought mine at, which is about 15 miles from my house, making the other one almost 60 miles away. They wanted me to go pick it up, and I told them that theres no way in hell, and that they can transfer it from one store to another. They agreed, and its set aside for me, and its scheduled to be at the store Im dealing with late next week.
Quote by Snuffles
Push your finegr around the dead pixles and the screen gets wavy and it should unstick them

That's what I was gonna say. Be gentle though.
Quote by hawk5211
Yeah return it, its worth the extra time to recopy everything over. Trust me, you will kick yourself later if you don't.

Agreed.
hawk5211 knows what hes talking about.
Either try and bring the pixels back to life or just return it.

Click!

You lay me down as I go to the store
Sorrow ate me, I'm not me anymore
Play these heavens one more time
I'm not yours and I'm not mine

When you hear music after it's over, it's gone in the air.
You can never capture it again.