hey every1, i came up with this sweet intro riff while i wuz jammin with my friend, and i decided to make a song out of it, so take a listen IN MY PROFILE.
i messed up a few times, and the timings way off, but you can get the general idea

P.S. Please excuse the messed up "solos", i kept forgeting when i was supposed to do them while i was recording, and i would just keep playing random notes

Plz crit/rate
92% percent of the teen population would be dead if Hollywood said it wasn't cool to breathe anymore. Put this in your signature if you are one of the 8% who would be laughing your head off.
Quote by mattvl
Is it "progession"?

Yea, sooo sorry, i forgot to put up the name

PROGRESSION

good call
92% percent of the teen population would be dead if Hollywood said it wasn't cool to breathe anymore. Put this in your signature if you are one of the 8% who would be laughing your head off.
This is pretty cool actually. I like the leads, and it builds up pretty well. The melodies are all quite compelling and strong, and the rhythm sections definitely hold their and stay relatively interesting through the end. It gets a little bit repetitive for just a few moments towards the end of the song (3:30ish) but then you vary it so it isn't too bad. The weakest point here is the production quality, but I've heard of bands with full albums in lower audio quality than this so it's really just a weak point. Not everyone has a 1000 dollar setup plus a studio and people shouldn't be faulted for that. Good work man.

Take a look at my song here, if you have a while https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=794054
i like the riff man, i do the same thing all the time at practices and at college i think up a cool riff but i always forget them before i can get them recorded or written down the production wasnt great i think your guitar is just a little harsh and lacks some low end. overall good though
take a look on my profile for songs, i have songs with much worse production so i can hardly talk.....
Guitars-
krozka-sharpe raider session 'revo'
ibanez s520ex with SD TB-10 full shred bridge
ibanez sz520qm
epiphone les paul custom
epiphone EJ200

Amp-
Orange tiny terror with PPC112 cab
Quote by notonlybutalso
i like the riff man, i do the same thing all the time at practices and at college i think up a cool riff but i always forget them before i can get them recorded or written down the production wasnt great i think your guitar is just a little harsh and lacks some low end. overall good though
take a look on my profile for songs, i have songs with much worse production so i can hardly talk.....

I have a Boss MicroBR for that... its like a sketchpad for cool ideas. I use it to play little riffs into, basslines, or just hum something into the mic to remember it for later when I have time to work on it. Of course you can record an entire song pretty well with it, too.

On topic - The song is pretty killer! I like it a lot and would love to hear it with a beat. There's a lot going on in there that will make a great finished song. Looking at what gear you're using, I impressed it sounds as good as it does.

Check mine out - https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=792782
All my photobucket pics are dead so no links to my guitar build threads.
My Music
thnks for taking a look at it. i havnet checked out any of yalls songs, but ill get to it soon. by the way, do any of you know of any drum software(like drumsite, or similiar) thats easy to use, and preferably free? thx, and ill let you know how i do in the contest(the prizes r $50-2000)
Last edited by GOBRZRK79 at Feb 23, 2008,