Page 1 of 2
Guitar Rising uses a real guitar to play a rhythm game similar to GH but more realistic.
Guitar Rising
Last edited by Chiller2 at Jul 29, 2008,
...Well... I could just... pick up a guitar and play...
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

We raise the Vibratory so high
That all untruth will fall of its own dead weight
That seems quite cool actually, nice fun way to learn new songs!
Kit:

Tanglewood TW28STR
PRS Soapbar SE II
Epiphone LP100

Roland Cube 30x (New!)
that looks really cool actually...and i havent got guitar hero, but that game looks really good
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
Quote by incarnation
...Well... I could just... pick up a guitar and play...

And what are you gonna play?
Quote by joeymaxx
That does look rather interesting
I wonder how you can tell which fret to play though?

The number shows the fret
yea....
stupid idea
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Now that is just stupid.

So I guess power tab and similar programs are useless too? This is just interactive tabbing software.
exactly....
so why dont you use guitar pro..
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
I actually had that exact idea... Then I thought naw... It'd be too hard to implement. Guess I should have patented it
I saw that a little while ago, would be fun to play with a load of musician mates round a Playstation and a crate of beer...

...but on the PC? Nah, that'd just be a bit sad.
Missed oppurtunity, methinks.
Errr, its even better to play it the real way...
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

Quote by Popsai
Errr, its even better to play it the real way...

What is "unreal" about it?Still using a real guitar playing the same notes,its just as real.
no its not, amps can go louder than tvs
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

We raise the Vibratory so high
That all untruth will fall of its own dead weight
Quote by incarnation
no its not, amps can go louder than tvs

It is a teaching tool and entertainment not a performance.And its for the PC not consoles and my PC is as loud or louder than my Amp
I think it would probably be not very useful for proficient guitarists, but I think for learning players like me it would actually be a fun way to do some exercises and build speed and accuracy. It says "coming soon". Any idea when?

--- D
Quote by Chiller2
And what are you gonna play?

a real guitar...songs you find interesting, anyone else got this 'miracle' runnin' through their heads?
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Supposedly "late"2008. And I agree someone who has been playing several years and plays great probably won't see the benefit, but a new player I think will benefit from this game a great deal.
Quote by Slaytanic1993
a real guitar...songs you find interesting, anyone else got this 'miracle' runnin' through their heads?

You are playing a real guitar and real songs with this game. Is it gonna be songs you find interesting I don't know.I
f you are an "expert"Guitar player and know everything and have perfect timing and can look at a tab ounce and play it ,hey this might not be for you but I think a lot of players do not fall into this category and are willing to use any teaching tool available that may help them be a better player especially if they can have fun doing it.
Um, isn't that essentially....reading tab and playing it? Kind of like what we do all the time?

The whole part of guitar arcade simulation is for it not to be like the real thing?
Okay, Chiller2, I guess that does make sense. Not everyone can play like myself...
Joking.
But, yeah a beginner with no amp would find this useful. But, once you get an amp and get past a certain point it'd get really boring, in my opinion at least.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by Little_Buster
yea....
stupid idea

This^
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
People shouldn't be hating on this, I think it's great for beginners and even as entertainment. Yeah we have guitar pro but that's not quite the same. If you don't want to play with this thing then don't, but don't knock on other people for using it, especially if they're learning from it.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
fail to see the point behind it it doesnt serve any real purpose that isnt already covered by millions of other things in the world already

there are tabs videos lessons and tons of things to teach you songs you wanna play
timing can be improved with a metronome
You can rate your performance yourself in so many ways, like playing for someone, or recording yourself or just paying attention to what your doing
(all the above dont always have to cost you anything b4 you say it)

And hey so what if some players cant look at tabs and instantly get it and what not, no one can when they start I know I couldnt but you learn eventually and using this for that reason would simply mean that it'll take longer to develop the skills required to get over such hurdles

and if you think using a program like this "makes it fun" you may as well just go play guitar hero if you reckon its fun to play like this, i mean its the same kinda thing, all the hard works been done for u ,,,
Gear:
Dean Razorback V 255 (explosion finish)
Jackson KX10 (amber sunburst)
Yamaha ERG121
random 50 quid acoustic
Randall RG50TC
Quote by sajuuk

and if you think using a program like this "makes it fun" you may as well just go play guitar hero if you reckon its fun to play like this, i mean its the same kinda thing, all the hard works been done for u ,,,

So learning guitar should be tedious and dull? Nobody ragged on Robert Johnson for selling his soul in exchange for skills!
Quote by SG thrasher

Quote by The_Paranoia

Go Schneiderman!

Nice idea.
Guitars:
1994 Epiphone Explorer
1997 Epiphone Les Paul
Tech side:
Blackheart BH5H Little Giant
Rat DeuceTone
EH Knockout
G Lab Wowhee Wah
I for one can't wait to use it.
And the main difference between tabs, other programs and this is that you can spot what's coming and exactly when it's coming.
I just started playing guitar and I can see this helping many people.
And if it has multiplayer mode the guitar experts who bashed it can also use it to battle their friends etc.

It's fun and educating. Kudos mate.

I just hope it runs on Linux...
Good point. Alot of the mistakes I make when learning tabs is when I start practicing it without the tab and I'm not sure of something and start playing by ear... Then I listen to the song or get my tab and I get all confused because it's not what I'm expecting. This would help cement the timing etc into your mind.

Quote by tony.laskir
I for one can't wait to use it.
And the main difference between tabs, other programs and this is that you can spot what's coming and exactly when it's coming.
I just started playing guitar and I can see this helping many people.
And if it has multiplayer mode the guitar experts who bashed it can also use it to battle their friends etc.

It's fun and educating. Kudos mate.

I just hope it runs on Linux...
I can't wait to see all the guitar hero groupies try this to realize just how much they suck at actual guitar.
me thinks its stupid
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Artist
IbanezGXR20
Line 6 Spider ll 75
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Nano Small Stone
Alvarez FF60WR

Labyrinth Within
i read somewhere kirk hammett didnt need guitar rising to get to the skill level in guitar where he is today

but nah thats a clever idea but i might get a seizure from all the numbers flying everywhere haha
I'm tired of guitar video games makeing people think they can learn to play guitar withough actualy picking up A GUITAR!
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.
Quote by HLrocker
I'm tired of guitar video games makeing people think they can learn to play guitar withough actualy picking up A GUITAR!

You haven't been paying attention.
Quote by SG thrasher

Quote by The_Paranoia

Go Schneiderman!

Quote by Moe.
I can't wait to see all the guitar hero groupies try this to realize just how much they suck at actual guitar.

"What the Hell?!?! Why cant i Full combo Jordan?"
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
This looks really good, it'd be better if you could load guitar pro tabs/power tabs into it so you could do whatever you like though.
Gear List:
B.C. Rich NT Jr. V (With Seymour Duncan AHB-1 Blackout in bridge)
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Marshall MG15DFX
Jazz III picks
DR strings
Planet Waves Cables
With the game guitar hero you're pressing buttons along just when it tells you to, you aren't learning anything music or guitar, and in reallity, its not building up that much dexterity. Your just pressing buttons.
Page 1 of 2