So i was saving up for a while for a strat or a tele and when the new American series came out i new it was the time.

it was time.

so i went down to guitar center and got a strat due to the larger range of tones and the fact i love the trem bar. i took it home but quickly realized...this just isnt a tele.

So i went back and exchanged for the tele and it was the best decision ever made.

its like the madonna and the *****.

Winner=tele!
teles forever
My live set-up:
72 Tele Custom
TC Electronics Polytune
MXR Dynacomp
deviever Shoe Gazer
Way Huge Red Llama Clone
Effector13 Soda Meiser
Vintage Proco Rat
DOD Buzzbox
Dwarfcraft Robot Devil
EA Tremolo
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Traynor YBA-2B
Tele for me, i actually think teles are more versatile than strats but again its all opinion.
Strats are versatile, but there are much more utilitarian guitars, like a Les Paul with a Bigsby tailpiece.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I agree. I love teles and I have one. I'd take my MIM tele over an american strat anyday. Strats just lack the feel and warmth and twang that I get out of my tele. I admit strats feel a little better, but i'd take sound over feel anyday.
Teles FTW!!!
They are both exceptional, but the Strat was too good looking to non-guitar players and beginners - I know for sure I hated Teles at first.
Anyway, due to this, the Strat has become THE generic electric guitar shape/style with nearly every guitar manufacturer producing a Strat-shaped guitar so that most guitarists are sick of it.
I know I prefer the Tele look now and sadly, looks make a big impression on your overall opinion of something.
I'd say there's no significant advantage of one over the other quality or sound-wise.
Quote by Paul Lambeth
It's like having the best orgasm of your life ever, but in your brain, and the opposite of that.
I like strats a little more than teles. Though I do want to get a tele as they are nice guitars, but before that I need some other stuff.
2004 Fender American HSS Strat
Hughes And Kettner Switchblade
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epi LP Classic
Epi G-400
Yamaha acoustic
Boss DD-3 Delay
B.Y.O.C. MXR Distortion+
Vox Wah
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
The strat made me feel sexy on the outside, but dead inside.

The tele is an ugly, but it fills me with inside with something i cannot describe in words.
Quote by Blue145
Both good guitars, down to personal preference aint it.

yeah, pretty much
"Notes are expensive. . .use them wisely"-B.B. King

"It's been very important throughout my career that I've met all the guys I've copied, because at each stage they've said, 'Don't play like me, play like you."-Eric Clapton
Both are good guitars and with the right choice in electronics upgrades and gear, you can get the same tone from both. I personally prefer the Strat. I have played Teles and I am not a fan of the bulky, blockish body and I hate the neck. But, I had been playing a Strat so long before the first time I touched a Tele that I was used to the feel of the Strat. So, who knows, I guess it could have easily been the other way around.